The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring box, bill tube and brass nest of boxes... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2074 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I'm thinking of working up a little routine that brings all of them into play....just need to figure out how to get one ahead on the loads.... maybe borrow a ring to clean.... oops! it's gone...

"let me get back to ya on that..."
"hey, anyone have a dollar? I've got this nice little box to "trade" for it....(then bill is vanished)
"oh... and for a quarter, I will "sell" the next person this nifty locked brass tube...." (quarter goes bye bye)
"Nice lady, has your ring turned up yet?... I don't know what I can do for you....
but how about this lovely brass "hockey puck"....

You'd then have everyone open their "gifts".

Too complicated? I can see how doing each "vanish to impossible location" separately in the same routine would be repetitious, but I think it could work well in terms of increased interplay with (and among) the spectators.

That said, would the combination of them add or detract from the overall impact of the reveal?

Is there anything similar already published? (I would imagine there is....)

MODS: If there's a better place for this post, kindly move it there please.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
364 Posts

Profile of dragonash
There are a lot of unanswered questions here.

Done the standard way, these tie up a lot of pockets. All in one pocket would be too bulky and probably result in a lot of fumbling.

Using hanky vanishes for all would would mean a lot of hanks or extra stuff in one hank.

By the time the "hocky puck" is opened people would know what to expect. Because it takes the longest time to open, I think it would drag and be anti-climactic. But if the gags and jokes got funnier, it would't matter.

Otherwise, I think you have an interesting train of thought going here.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2074 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Good points, I hadn't considered that the box opens pretty quickly, the bill tube - though with lots of twists/turns on the cap - still rather fast, and the nest of boxes a bit longer - so even if they all start at the same time, they won't finish at the same time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring box, bill tube and brass nest of boxes... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL