The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The Death Of The Human Lobster (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
I posted a new video on my blog concerning the Death Of The Human Lobster.
It contains a message that may be the key to increased success in your business this year.

Please check it out by Clicking Here.

As always, I welcome your comments.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Another great video Lou. Thanks for posting this, your advice is spot on........
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
You seem a little frustrated to me. I am sure you get asked the same questions over and over again. But I also appreciate the logic of what you say and a rather passionate call to action. Was it Tiger Woods who said "It's funny: the more I practice, the luckier I get"?

I've often wondered why it is that some of the massively skilled magicians out there can't get work -- while others who are average at best have all the work they want. I think it is because the massively talented guy spends all his time learning the latest knuckle buster for hours on his own. The average-but-spectacularly-busy guy spends time on the phone.

Let's face it: it's either a business or it isn't. (And this in no way disses the magicians who are perfectly happy never to have made a dime performing.)

Magicians and mentalists (okay...entertainers in general) have a way of defining themselves by what they do -- and don't do. They define their level of success by a) how hard the are prepared to work b) the scope of the vision the are willing to embrace and c) their view of themselves and the role they play in the huge sea of entertainment possibilities.

I really enjoyed your post. There is great wisdom there. Thank you.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Good video, Lou.

I'm reminded of this quote by the famous author of Winnie the Pooh (and other books):

“The average man is always waiting for something to happen to him instead of setting to work to make it happen. For one person who dreams of making fifty thousand pounds, a hundred people dream of being left fifty thousand pounds.” — A. A. Milne
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Bob, Thank you for the support. It's much appreciated.

David, If I seemed a little frustrated, it's because I was frustrated. Some of my videos are actually conversations with myself that I get to share with the world around me. In doing so, I'm hoping that others will find value in my thoughts.

The camera lens is my mirror, and my frustration isn't directed towards anyone except myself. We are all human, and we all suffer from indecision and procrastination at one point or another, and this video was just my way of kicking myself in the pants to stop making excuses and start getting things done. It's working. Smile

Donald, your quote is so very appropriate. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for commenting you guys. I've got big plans for this year, and it's going to take a lot of work on my part. The only way I'll get it all done is if I become unreasonable with myself and start doing the things reasonable people choose not to do.

I'm wishing you all the success that you desire for yourself.

Lou Serrano
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
The first half made me hungry.
The second half motivated me to go to Red Lobster.

:)

But seriously, I did enjoy the video.
Excellent message.
Well done with it.

Tom
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Quote:
On 2011-02-03 22:19, TomBoleware wrote:
The first half made me hungry.
The second half motivated me to go to Red Lobster.

:)

Tom,

A friend of mine told me the exact same thing. Great minds do think alike. Smile

Lou
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
BTW, Lou, for those who won't buy a course, book, or go to the library, there's even the option of Google Books. Lots of free books to read online (preview copies, with access to many pages). Several business / marketing titles.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Quote:
On 2011-02-04 14:13, Donald Dunphy wrote:
BTW, Lou, for those who won't buy a course, book, or go to the library, there's even the option of Google Books. Lots of free books to read online (preview copies, with access to many pages). Several business / marketing titles.

- Donald

I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info.

Lou
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I was expecting a bio of Grady Stiles. Smile

Good observation of human nature.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The Death Of The Human Lobster (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL