The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Sites that bring the gigs to you? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
730 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hi - this is my first time in the business section, so I'm not sure if this has been discussed. I am trying to find promotional web sites that email the entertainer when someone is looking for a a service in his/her area. I use one with a good deal of success, but I haven't found any others that do this. Most sites will put up a pre-fab web page and your info - and you have to hope that a client notices it and contacts you. With the site I use, all the magicians in my general location get the same email when a client is looking for their type of entertainment. They each bid on the show, and then get access to all the information needed for booking it. If a client selects one, that magician gets an email from the hosting site notifying that he is hired.

Does anyone know of a site like this (which is Gig Masters)? I think it would help to be on several like this.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis D.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9868 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Gigmasters and Alltimefavorites
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
749 Posts

Profile of Kameron Messmer
I use gig salad...
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Dennis,
Try GigSalad. There isn't as much traffic, but you should more than pay for your membership.
Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2262 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I suggest you google your favorite keywords (for example, magicians bridgewater, MA) Whatever sites come up on the first page or two are worth looking into.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Mindpro
I use alltimefavorites, but I don't know what to think of them. They seem very disorganized.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9868 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, Al I agree. I was with them for several years hoping they were in the process of becoming a serious lead generation recource. They were very sloppy and never really evolved into what their potential could've been and I had hoped for. I did get quite a few leads that if I picked up the phone a called direct, was pretty successful. I ended up having a fall out with them after four years.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I tried for several months to find out where I should send them their commission. I eventually was able to get a human being on the phone to give me their snail mail address.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Gigsalad has been pretty good to me, but I've found that the gigs that I do book seem to be price shoppers. Either way, I still get the gigs.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
730 Posts

Profile of dduane
Everyone -- Thanks so much for your advice!

I have been impressed by Gig Masters, but I just need to get more bookings since I have been laid off my computer job. Actually, I have decided to go full time with Magic. So far I have doubled my magic income, compared to last year. The best help has been from Gig Masters and Lou Serrano's magic business course.

I will look into all your suggestions.

Thank you.... Dennis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Sites that bring the gigs to you? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL