The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » You Know You're a Magician When... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
Basically any comedy answer is accepted, I'll start the ball rolling, also include magician only gags wherever you want.

-You have random urges to palm the change you get at the newsagents.

-When asking for a deck you say "ungaffed" and your friends think you're a freak.

-During your act you make a complete fool of yourself by saying things a normal layperson wouldn't get like "there is really only one card in this hand(not two stuck together, I mean they can SEE one card, why tell them?). You also say things like "no breaks" and people think "what the heck is a break?" and also, "I didn't palm it!"...
Smile Smile Smile
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
chrisM
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of chrisM
LOL it's soo true. I feel so dumb sometimes.
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
Ok...You know when your a magician when:

You do magic... . . . *tumbleweed*

You go over the whole routine of any trick in your mind...when you hear its name said by a layman ie. on the radio "I hope this isn't a case of diminishing returns"
"Now that's a club sandwich" etc.

You buy objects that look normal but aren't normal, for double the price and half the time it is normal and youve been ripped off.

You do magic.. . .

Lewis.

Smile
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
The prosthetics store seems appealing.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
RoyHolidayMagic
View Profile
New user
New York
85 Posts

Profile of RoyHolidayMagic
-You wander aimlessly around Home Depot, the 99 cents store, etc., hoping to find something useful.

-You turn over the top card of the deck in many odd mysterious ways

-Whenever holding a single card, you have a strange urge to flick it..proving it's a single card.

-You make a bottle of vodka disappear. Sure, Uncle Boris can do the same thing...but you actually make the BOTTLE disappear.
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
You are willing to pay $20.00 for a quarter, but not $2.50 for a deck of cards.

You give yourself 52 papercuts all at the same time.

(I'll think of more later)

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
This has been discussed before here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=24
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
Sorry,

You know you're a magician when you comment on how a particular thread has been discussed before, even though it was back in the first year of the Café.
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
You jump up and scream when Johnny Depp classic palms one in Pirates of the Caribean, and the other specs at the movie theatre think your a freak
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
When you have several hundred or thousand posts at the Magic Café.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
That's the real trick here ... posting a new and interesting thread topic that HASN'T been discussed before. Smile

GlenD

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2003-07-31 16:08, GlenD wrote:
That's the real trick here ... posting a new and interesting thread topic that HASN'T been discussed before. Smile
GlenD

I'll buy that for $29.95 and no more than $34.95
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
It's been discussed before here and here

I wonder how many people will actually click on the word "here" Smile

On Topic, You know you're a real magician when you are comfortable with your sleights, happy with your DL and your family is going hungry so you can buy the latest phenomena.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
On 2003-07-31 15:08, wassabi_87 wrote:
you jump up and scream when johny depp classic palms one in pirates of the caribean, and the other specs at the movie theatre think your a freak

You know you're a magician when you refer to other people in movie theaters as "specs."
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
You know you're a magician when you and your girlfriend are "practicing moves" Smile and a Magic Special pops up on the TV and you drop everything to run and watch it. Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
David43
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of David43
When you get on the tube train at Waterloo every morning on the way to work and recite to yourself the Aronson stack forwards and backwards starting just as the doors begin to close and race to finish before the before the doors start to open at Leicester Square tube.

cheers

David
I Put a Spell On You
Indyfan
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
173 Posts

Profile of Indyfan
you can look at a rubber band and know that it's a #19 or a #16.
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
...you start to wonder why the backs of cards are red or blue when the fronts are red and black.

...you decide to go and see Pirates of The Caribbean just to see if Johnny Depp's any good at palming!

...you notice that the packet for your Ibuprofen is exactly the same size as a pack of cards.
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
You know you're a magician when you finally realize that you too have a drawer full of JUNK magic stuff that you will probably never use.
About the Johnny Depp stuff in Pirates... I thought it was cool when he palmed that medallion but what I thought was more interesting was the coin walk in both directions that the skeleton guy did! I am now working on duplicating THAT... am I sick or what (it was a computer generated special effect anyways)???

GlenD

jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
GlenD, I used to be a programmer and a computer geek, so I know some good software that could help you with that! Smile
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » You Know You're a Magician When... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL