The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Non-gimmick coin tricks for preschoolers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Hi, what Would be Some of the good coin tricks in the market for preschoolers without resorting to gimmicked coins? Thanks
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I would look at Chris Capehart's continuous coin production. I have been using this for a number of years and it plays well for kids and adults. I usually use Australian Pennies and tell a story about the kangaroo teaching the coins to jump around. Plays well for even little kids. You can almost play this as a Miser's Dream as you appear to keep producing coins from everywhere.

Have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
I agree, coin productions play very well with younger children.
Wes
D Walker
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of D Walker
I've played with the idea of doing coin routines with Starburst Candy. It plays extremely well with the younger kids. Most coin effects can by done with Starburst with just a little modification to the handling. Roth's Winged Silver, A Spellbound using two colors are both big hits. Imagine being 5 and when the magician asks which flavor you like best yellow or red and then makes the yellow candy change to your favorite. And at that age, they want to play with your props.... With Starburst, you an end each trick with a great treat. With a little thought, you can modify a lot of effects using Candy which is more meaningful to the young audience. I've played with Cups and Balls, but have not gotten very far with that premise. Good Luck.
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Thank you so much

Francis
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I would think Misers Dream would play big for the younglings.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Yes, apparently in another thread, Misers Dream was strongly recommended for preschool children. I have yet to try it though. Thanks.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Yes, just remember to keep it moving! Action keeps their attention. Kids are the most difficult audience, [They see EVERYTHING, which means they don't 'misdirect' with the usual MIS-direction] but the performer won't notice this so much if they are good at kids shows.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Last Christmas I produced a quarter out of my 2 year old nieces ear. Her eyes lit up and then she snatched the coin out of my hand and said MINE!! Her rational was it was her ear so it was her coin. Smile

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
Also, small kids will cry when you make something of 'theirs' vanish. Be careful! Smile
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Play "Heads and Tails" with a penny, then switch for a giant penny. Their eyes bug out! You can also do this with a penny and a quarter, but the giant penny gets a better reaction; they've never seen one before.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Hopping Halves plays well too.......and Scotch N' Soda.......just have to simplify the patter.
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
I learned from Bob Elliott, that if you produce a coin from a kid's ear, you GIVE IT to them. I do this in the midst of a Miser's Dream routine, and it makes all the difference in the world.

I also do :Come Back Coin" from Bill Tarr's 'Now You See It, Now You Don't' (aka the GadAbout Coins). Kids love the blow off ending.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
Francis: @D Walker and @Autumn Morning Star both spurred an idea. Instead of Starburst, try gold coin chocolates. Now I know they may be hard to manipulate, so how about using the Sacagawea dollar?

Do Miser's Dream, and as Autumn said, bam, bam, bam, keep them producing. You could throw them in a bag, a hat, or a change bag might be easiest. You hear them clank. You could even have a kid pull out the coins every once in a while to make sure they're real. Or show someone the coins you produce. Then at the end, you pour out the coins and they're the chocolate variety that can be passed out among the audience. Like a combination of Miser's Dream and Shower of Sweets. Of course, you would ask the adults hiring you if they allow chocolate. As an alternative for our non-sugar parents, you could change them into plastic gold tokens, which can be purchased at any party store.

As I said, this is just an idea that hit me while reading this thread. Letting my imagination run for a moment. Anyone else think this might work?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Non-gimmick coin tricks for preschoolers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL