The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » String Loop Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MiNiM
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
111 Posts

Profile of MiNiM
I do (among other things) storytelling with a loop of string - cats cradle type of thing.
I've been thinking about putting together a magic routine using the loop. I know some tricks, but I'd like to find more - I figure the more I have to choose from the better!

So I'm looking for tricks that use a loop of string (I use a piece about 6 foot long and heat weld the ends together), and I'd prefer not to damage the string. I don't mind adding other props - silk, ring, etc - if the effect is worth it.

Thanks,

Bill
He asked me if I liked card tricks. I said "No." He did three. (W. Somerset Maugham)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
There's quite alot of penetration effects using a loop,
sources of information try Aldo Colombini Daryl,
and Flip on rope effects
Karl Fulv has a book on self working rope and string.
hope this helps
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
MiNiM
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
111 Posts

Profile of MiNiM
Thanks Vinny,

I've just realised that the reason that I was disatisfied with my repertoire of loop tricks is that I really only know penetration tricks - through thumb, neck, ring or buttonhole, etc which doesn't make for much of a routine.

Having realised that, it's also dawned on me that, using an extra piece, I can do C & R and ring on/off effects, plus I've found several knot bits I can use, too. That gives me a lot more to work with for routining.

I'd still appreciate other leads to anything else I can incorporate.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Bill
He asked me if I liked card tricks. I said "No." He did three. (W. Somerset Maugham)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Bill you might try School for scoundrels by Whit Haydan he uses a endless chain, or a soft rope can be used . this is a scam, that hustlers use. I think you might like this routine, Also Dsouza has a video called chain Gang , I think you will enjoy both of these videos .
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Heh Minim,
Isn't Viini a great guy; always helpful and genuinley concerned.
If you put togther a routine, I would love to have you share it with me.
MartyK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » String Loop Tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL