The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Letteraline...where can I find some? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
304 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
I've been trying to find some of this stuff, but I have not found any resources on where it is sold. I've gone to my local Hobby Lobby and no one seems to have a clue as to what it is. I've also done a search on Google, and it usually brings up Spanish Pages. Can anyone help me out? Thanks - Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Try a drafting supply store
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
You should be able to pick it up at any art supply or office supply store. I haven't been able to find the LetraLine brand lately, but there are others, just look around for graphic artists tape.

Sean
riberts
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
53 Posts

Profile of riberts
If Letteraline is the same as Letraset (i.e. dry transfer letters), I believe that this business may have stopped manufacturing.

There are a number of alternatives, that (certainly in the UK) are available in pretty much every arts and crafts shop. Will try and find out some names.
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
304 Posts

Thanks guys. I've been wanting to give this stuff a try for my torn and restored card routines. Thanks for all the input. - Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
If you can find a copy of Wesley James's "Pristine", he has some good ideas for alternatives to Letraline.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
What is it used for?
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
304 Posts

lithix,
I see it used a lot to mimmick the effect David Copperfield did when he did his infamous torn and restored baseball card. You can make it look like you actually peel off the spectators signature. - Brandon
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Is it (Letraline) common in another country outside US or Europe?
Is it avaiable in Asia?
What the Letraline is for? (beside for magic supplies)?
What is the BRAND NAME?

Hengky
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
The thing is though that Copperfield did visually peel the signature off. I wonder if there's a published method to accomplish the same effect.

Huron
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Letteraline...where can I find some? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL