The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Caring for My Feather Flowers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zambinimagic
View Profile
New user
Oroville, CA
2 Posts

Profile of zambinimagic
Hi: If this is the Wrong Category, I apologize in advance, I searched and could not find a better place to pose this topic?

I purchased and still use my Kikuchi Jumbo Feather Rings in my Stage Act, but bought this item in Hawaii in 1979 from Jimmy Yoshida when he brought some directly back from Japan......Now....30 some years later, the Feathers Are drying and falling off the Metal Rings.....How can I restore or prevent further damage/loss of the feathers on this Rings....This Trick has served me well over the years and a New set of Feather Flower Rings from Kikuchi is about $250.00....

Thanks in Advance for any help or Advice.....

Duane R. Zanon
ZAMBINI-Magician/Illusionist
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I guess the first thing you can realize is that you have definitely gotten your money from this effect.

I am sorry to tell you that there is little you can do to stop the further breakdown of the prop or to restore it. Once the feathers dry and get brittle, there is little to be done. These were not the highest grade feathers to begin with.

You might trying retying the feathers on with thread or using a little hot glue but other than that I cannot offer much help.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
If Richard does not know then there is certainly no need for me to try.

I will say that I have always wanted a set of these, but they are not the colors that I needed for my routine. Recently a new set was released with new colors. I was excited at first, but then I saw that one of the colors was pink, so it still will not work for me.

Oh well.....
Mister Mystery
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
And top quality (read that as highest grade feather flowers)....depending on degree of usage, care, and storage conditions, can last a VERY long time.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Wow I wish I could get that great mileage from mine.
Life of Magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Caring for My Feather Flowers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL