The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Newswire by Dodd Vickers » » No More Touring Copperfield? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Have we seen the last national tour from DC? http://bit.ly/fmUVsU
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Without travel consideration with every illusion, having a more permenent installation would probably improve his show.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
WOW!
This is HUGE!!!
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
You're right Frank, and I'm not too sure it's good. Of course, let's face it, without a yearly special or any real TV presense like Angel or Blaine, is David really "Mr. Magic" anymore to the public? Personally, I'd rather watch the same Copperfield show over and over and over than see Mindfreak once. It's a real shame that there are no big names touring anymore. When Lance left Monte Carlo, I was hoping he'd mount a tour, but of course we've heard nothing.

In the article, David says there isn't much marquee presense. Every time I've been to Vegas, if he's in town, there is a video loop playing on the huge video screen at the corner of the Strip and Tropicana next to the Lion. As for new illusions, I'm all for that! Once I hear reports that a few are in the show I'll gladly pop for a nice long weekend in Vegas to check him out.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
This is really old news. I don't know where you guys have been.

Magicians that I know have been talking about this for at least 6-8 months.

Gerry
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
We've talked about it, but this is the first time David has.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Ragoz
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Ragoz
Does anyone have any details (music selection, and what not) on the new illusion called "Butterfly" that DC has been performing for the last month or so?
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
When he came to my town a few years ago I decided to go. Before I went I've only seen his specials on television. He is much better live,one of the best magic shows I've been to. It almost takes the cake as my favourite magic show other then Penn And Teller's show in Vegas.

It's a shame to hear DC isn't touring anymore, however can you blame the guy. Magic is in serious decline,not to many people
talk about DC anymore. Criss Angel And David Blaine are usually the only magicians laymen talk about. DC is in his late 50's early 60's???

Personally I'd like to see a new special from DC, his tornado of fire was god awful. It would be nice to see something fresh
from DC.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
David Copperfield was born in September 16, 1956, making him 54 years old.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Yep, a new TV Special.

No camera tricks.

Show "them" how it's supposed to be done... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
Quote:
On 2011-02-18 00:54, wmhegbli wrote:

Thanks for finding that out Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Here he insisted on his own sound system, we could barely make out one word he said seated in the balcony. It was a shame, really wanted to see and HEAR him.

Decomp
murray
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of murray
I saw DC at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas 2 1/2 weeks ago, right after Christmas. A terrific show, played to a sold-out house. Like the time a few years back when he appeared at the Mullins Center here in Amherst, this was the second of the evening's two back-to-back shows; unlike with that earlier appearance, this time he seemed untired and was very energetic. Yet the audience seemed insufficiently appreciative and responsive in Vegas. Perhaps that was due to the large number of foreigners who may have had trouble with English.

I think I had seen him do nearly all of his effects before, either live on or TV. But he did preface one by saying he was developing it for his forthcoming tour, and I even seem to recall his saying something like it would be a 3-year tour. But he's still booked in Vegas for months, and his web site mentions no other future venues.

His closer was vanishing 13 audience members from the stage. Unlike the time he did it in Amherst, this time they reappeared, toward the rear of the house.
Magiciens
View Profile
New user
En France, pays des droits de l'homme
3 Posts

Profile of Magiciens
Quote:

Now 55 years old
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looks much younger, whats his secret? Magic?
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
I had the pleasure of taking my whole family to see him in Houston many years ago. But he never returned. I kept hoping he would. It was a great show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Newswire by Dodd Vickers » » No More Touring Copperfield? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL