The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Device on the Tony Clark Instant Dove Release (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JBiesecker
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
141 Posts

Profile of JBiesecker
Quote:
If you're searching the web, try looking for mylar hinges rather than plasic hinges. I think mylar is closer to what you are looking for.

Thanks a lot for this suggestion. By searching for "mylar" hinges, somehow it eventually led me to finding these;
http://www.thefind.com/sports/browse-dubro-hinges#page=1
http://www.rcslot.com/pc-radio-control-s......eedexact
It actually turned out to be "nylon" hinges rather than "plastic" or "mylar". These are the best ones I've ever found online, and I'm still finding more. They still aren't the same as the ones on the Tony Clark harness, but they may very well be close enough, and may actually be easier to load.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Nylon hinges are are also used to build model airplanes. Check your hobby shop.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I do not know the size of these hinges but McMaster Carr has some. Look up surface mount hinges-plastic or polycarbonate with removable pins.

Half the battle of doing a search is knowing what to search for name wise.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
fakiir
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of fakiir
You can also use metallic hinges, paint them black or any other desired color. They can be found in Home Depot and this kind of stores in USA in the furniture accessories section.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5014 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The problem with the metal hinges is their weight. Even though they are small, nylon/mylar ones are almost weightless.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Device on the Tony Clark Instant Dove Release (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL