The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Gazzo Street Devils (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Thankyou sirs for your kind words.
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
I raise my glass to you too, Gary. I have a number of your sets in my collection and always marvel at their strength. solidity, nay, indestructibility, and the simplicity of their design. Jerks like the one who's doing the rip-off here come and go. They never last. The work of true craftsmen like yourself will endure. So, hang in there.
This, too, shall pass.

Fortasse
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Gary,

I appreciate you and your work.

It's very unfortunate that this person has done this to you.

Jeff
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Cheers people
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1454 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
You'll never have to worry Gary.
The cups you make are wonderful.
"But there isn't a door"
Erwin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Erwin
Will the assassinated set of knock-off cups be on display in Bill's museum?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I think it would be of interest for me to point out that I have quite a number of Gary's cups in my collection, most of them purchased directly from him. The thing I want to mention is that although I don't do a three cup routine as a regular part of my show, I still work out with nearly every set that I acquire. I generally avoid working out with any of my gold plated cups, because gold is so soft.

The first set of GA cups I got was a set of Gazzo's that I bought from Reed McClintock. This was at a time when GA cups were very difficult to find. I searched INTENSELY for six months before a set turned up. I have a network of friends, including the guys at the busker's forum and the Cups and Balls forum, who keep an eye peeled for the esoteric sets that sometimes escape my efforts.

The most recent set I have acquired came as part of a Christmas gift my wife and my late brother, Tom, got me -- Ray Goulet's cup collection. It was a set of extra large Gazzo prototype cups -- one of six sets.

If you are a busker, you know the importance of making a good impression on your audience. These cups shout "PROFESSIONAL." Everything Gary makes is like that.

Even though we have never met, I am proud to call him a friend.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
That'll sir . You are a friend indeed. Great to find out where a set of the six extra large gazzos live. Perhaps you would be kind and send me a picture of those for my web site. I have not seen them for years. Put a deck in the shot for scale. Cheers Gary

Posted: Apr 23, 2011 9:34am
Thatll sir. I mean thanks sir. I am an idiot I must have a masters.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'll send you a photo, Gary, along with a photo of one of those cups and a Gazzo type one next to it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
The world of cup-making appears to be a surprisingly harsh place---the offensive situation with which Gary has been dealing is only the most recent example. Over the years, this thread has served as a forum for charges and counter-charges from a variety of reputable (and not so reputable) cup makers. There is something so appealing about the craftsmanship that goes into the many different cups, it is a real loss when an artist gives up the business. Sad to say it happens from time to time. Thanks for hanging in there, Gary, and I'm looking forward to those Street Devils!
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
I still have not found out which toad brought the cups . Oh well I tried to get them. I so wanted to do that movie with Gazzo. Does anybody load eggs. I was thinking of an egg cup today
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2011-04-23 13:07, flimnar wrote:
The world of cup-making appears to be a surprisingly harsh place---the offensive situation with which Gary has been dealing is only the most recent example. Over the years, this thread has served as a forum for charges and counter-charges from a variety of reputable (and not so reputable) cup makers. There is something so appealing about the craftsmanship that goes into the many different cups, it is a real loss when an artist gives up the business. Sad to say it happens from time to time. Thanks for hanging in there, Gary, and I'm looking forward to those Street Devils!

The biggest problem in the world of cup making is the number of people with short memories and dual standards. A long time ago, I used to kick up a big ruckus when I saw knockoffs, then I quit, because it didn't seem to make any difference.

Instead, I chose to do any "protests" via e-mail to the various people involved. Some of the makers thought that was wrong.

So be it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1454 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Gary,

I load eggs.
I use rubber ones that I bought from my local shop.
They are made from hard rubber, sort of like superballs.

If I did a hat load, I would use an Ostrich egg.

If you ever do an egg cup, let me know, I'll be first in the queue!
"But there isn't a door"
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Cool I'm thinking about an egg cup .I have an ostrich egg so was thinking along those lines. thought an egg show might be fun. I was going to use fresh eggs but I can see the problem with that. When I get time I'll make a set. I'm not spinning this week as its Easter hols and I'm busking mostly. Will try to get a few sets finished before friday , but I'm enjoying the sun and doing shows . I am also thinking of cutting the cups fron the finally and finishing on a one cup routine with a signed bill /card in the lemon that is the final load.
May be messy
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1454 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Gary,

If you need any of the eggs I use, give me a shout and I'll see if I can get you some and send them off to you.
They look real, especially the brown ones.
"But there isn't a door"
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Greay

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 11:48am
By the way I do not mind if people base there cups on my designs . That happens in art. What I minded here is the *** had my chucks in his hands and the measurements and had agreed not to enter the cup business. Otherwise I would not have employed him in the first place. He would have to of got there by trial and error. That's how I did it. First cups I made were very odd. then very big. For me the Gary Animal street Devil is my best yet, Best for me you may well hate it.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2011-04-21 04:21, cupsandballsmagic wrote:
I think you're right Bill. If he's sold any recently then he is selling them outside of ebay. He should be kicked off for that. If he's sold any to dealers because of the email he was sending out then they should be showing up somewhere (I have not seen anything advertised.)

Aside from that he's picked a micro niche (a small market within an already small niche) and ripped off one the bigger players and insulted the custmers he's aiming at without knowing anything about the product or the buyers.

There is nothing about selling something outside of ebay, even if you have tried to sell it on ebay, that will get you kicked off. Ebay can't do that. It's called restraint of trade. Ebay doesn't like it, but it's not illegal.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Did you have anything in writing?

Remember the words of Sam Goldwyn. "A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on."

I learned in my career as an entertainer that a liar will break a written contract just as quick as he will a handshake deal.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

atkinsod
View Profile
Regular user
VA
174 Posts

Profile of atkinsod
Just a quick note about the earlier comment on the Bounce-No-Bounce balls. I also took the bite, and got them real cheap, even delivered from China, but as was mentioned, the "no-bounce" ball still bounces pretty good, so what a waste. Sadly, I had already posted good feedback before trying them, as the international delivery was good. I did just post a "follow up" feedback stating that the no-bounce ball bounces, but I don't know how many people read those...
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
Quote:
On 2011-04-26 12:33, Bill Palmer wrote:
Did you have anything in writing?

Remember the words of Sam Goldwyn. "A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on."

I learned in my career as an entertainer that a liar will break a written contract just as quick as he will a handshake deal.

Very true...
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Gazzo Street Devils (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL