The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Gazzo Street Devils (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of plungerman
There are the "Liquid Finish" cups that each fill with water once the wax is removed from the holes at the edges. These are pretty big aluminum cups similar in shape to P&L or the Chicago cups.

Apart from that you have to go to Mr. Star's shot glass load which after it produces the shot glass beneath the cup then goes to tip and fill the glass with your favorite beverage. I'm rather partial to this load since it won me the I.B.M contest in which I am seen here, holding the trophy. Best climax ever.

Would love to see a Lota from your work. Go for it.

E
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
@ Gary -- National magic co. made some sets where all three cups were lotas. They were large and clumsy. Burtini spun them.

Marvin Burger made a neat liquid loader, and so did Tim Star.

When I get back home, I'll send you some more info.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Cheer Bill, I figure to keep it like a Gazzo cup outside the inside load will be reduced a lot.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I think a loader of some kind is more practical under certain conditions. When I get back home, I'll detail some things to you.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

john oleson
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of john oleson
Hey, Gary .... enough is enough .... kick out the pics and the info!

johno
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Pictûres and info available @ magicpitch.co.uk

Hope this helps

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Here's a clickable link

http://www.magicpitch.co.uk
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Update. Been ill with flu and mother in law has fallen down stairs while ****ed. Then again the likely hood of her falling down stairs sober is astronomically low. Any way most have their copper street devils in Animal and gazzo sizes. I'm currently half way through Bills sets. Starting crash Invaders this week . If I get away from the hospital soon. gild will happen soon. I'm just trying to find it in a large sheet as at the moment it is four times the cost of copper . I have no idea why ,I'm sure it used to be about the same. I may have to up the price on guild cups for future orders. If your on the list and not got your copper cups re email please (gary4magic@gmail.com) I do get muddled up you know. If you have solid silver cups then you have made money on them. It now costs 1250 pounds plus tax just to buy enough silver to make one set of Animals or Gazzos. That's an incredible jump in the metal price. Silver is 21 pounds an ounce but it costs way more than that in sheet form. If you want to sell a set of silver Animals or Gazzos let me know. I only made a few of each. I have a set of silver babes.
Cheers me ducks
Gary
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Take your time. Recover. I have patience.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
I have a set of those National Magic Lota cups---they are big and clumsy; I can't imagine hoisting them around when they are also functioning as lotas and full of water!

Glad to get my order in for those Animal Street Devils!
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Magic Researcher
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Magic Researcher
IMO your new Street Devils are the nicest looking set of cups that you have made to date. Well done.
MR
Repeating a falsehood often and loudly does not make it true.
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Hi every one, I went to a spinner in Sheffield to try and catch up with orders . Big mistake. The spinner Steve Pickering was hopeless and I told him so .I had to scrap the cups he made . He is now producing a gazzo rip off cup . One bead instead of two. All other dimensions the same. They are on ebay.co.uk. He is not a magician and knows nothing or cares less about our industry. I have bid on the cups and questions stating they are rip offs . I was hoping you would all do the same. I have all listed his company 'Steve Pickering metal spinners" on various trade sites and magic forums so anyone looking for a spinner does not go to this nasty person. To just copy someone else's life work out of spite is sickening. I'm not worried as I've seen his work.
I will now only ever spin myself trusting no other company.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
How are they listed?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
There is a listing on ebay.co.uk that the seller is metalspinner2011 that looks like it.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'll check that out. I see that he also has tax disc holders that are made of aliminium or aluminum, depending on which part of his listing you read.

You will notice that he has copied the Willi Seidl shoulder bead. Also the postage is really stiff! I mailed 9 sets of cups to myself from Vienna last year and the postage was only about 20 Euros.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
He spins replacement car headlights for vintage cars Bill. That would explain the tax disc holders..
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
This is the dilemma of every successful artist.
No one else can duplicate the original creation.
Gary has reached the wall of maximum production where the only way to grow his business
is to work around the clock.

The Japanese figured this out long ago by establishing a very effective apprentice system.
The younger generation today has no interest in this.
You would be very fortunate to find someone willing to start at the bottom with a committment to learning over time.

Hacks will come and go with sloppy shortcuts but the rip-off attempts will never succeed, - if that's any consolation.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Unfortunately, I have dealt with such scum in my professional life as well. This happens in nearly every area of manufacturing and production. My personal experience involves furniture designers who buy a competitor's item and make a few very simple changes to the existing design. (Alter the shape of the legs. Change the rake of the seatback by a few degrees. Add another row of welt, and voila! - A new design hits the market.) Of course, they sell these altered copies insisting all the while that the 'new' piece is their own design.

Unfortunately, regardless of the fact that their item is so visually similar as to easily confuse a potential customer, the cost of going after them and ‘proving’ the provenance of their inspiration isn't pragmatic, so they continue to proliferate.

Such, weak, ignorant, and lazy people will always exist. The best we can do is stand together by refusing to support their efforts.
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
We had a guy complain about the quality of a Porper Linking Finger ring set. When questioned it turned out he bought it at about one third of our price... and it was a rip-off copy, even the instructions, made in China. Dean Dill's Box is being sold super cheap from a maker in China.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2011-04-17 06:02, jazzy snazzy wrote:
This is the dilemma of every successful artist.
No one else can duplicate the original creation.
Gary has reached the wall of maximum production where the only way to grow his business
is to work around the clock.

The Japanese figured this out long ago by establishing a very effective apprentice system.
The younger generation today has no interest in this.
You would be very fortunate to find someone willing to start at the bottom with a committment to learning over time.

Hacks will come and go with sloppy shortcuts but the rip-off attempts will never succeed, - if that's any consolation.

I'm old enough to remember the Japanese merchandise that came into the States after WW II. If you had a toy automobile, you could turn it over, look at the undercarriage and see the label of the beer can it was made from. Now these toys are worth a fortune, if they still have the Made in Occupied Japan label.

It took several years for the Japanese to wake up to what would make a hit in the export market. They had the capability of making quality goods, but not the knowledge of the markets, and how to change the "beer can" image. A group of Japanese manufacturers hired him to come to Japan and teach them how to change their image and their sales techniques. If it had not been for Deming, Sony would never have become the giant it is today. There are other manufacturers and corporations who owe their very existence to William Deming.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Gazzo Street Devils (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL