The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Gazzo Street Devils (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Philtrum
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Philtrum
Hello Gary,
Thanks for the info on the Crash Invaders, what a great-looking cup! When I scrape together the funds for a nice set of cups, I think the Crash Invaders in guild metal will be the ones for me.
Good luck on the rest of this business, sorry to hear about it. I'm sure most of the people here will buy the cups from the originator.
Thanks,
Kelly
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Its seems ebay and paypal have sided with his complaint about my messages to him on ebay. I no longer have an ebay account or paypal. It seems I am out of business . well folks that's it from me. I am only going to perform from this point on. It is not worth the effort when a lying piece of **** can threaten me and then get me barred. I have years of good feedpack and records with ebay and paypal yet one complaint and by a thug and its over. Never mind the emails and proof I have showing his intention to steel my designs.
Thanks for all your support and I am sorry I can no longer make cups for sale on the web.

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 8:35pm
I have closed down magicpitch and gazzocups.co.uk. It was a hoot while it lasted. All my email address's are now cancelled. I'll post a new email here later for those that have out standing issues. Threats of violence to wards me by the person who stole my designs and tossers on here saying I don't care I'll buy them any way if the price is right. Well I think from now on I'll make the cups for Gazzo and those who contact me. Past customers and friends. I can no longer take paypal because this idiot seems to have one. What a **** world
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Gary -

This is absolutely ridiculous... I'm not sure how or why things like this happen.

Please know that you have my continued support and positive thoughts.

Best wishes for your success in all endeavors,

Doug
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Gary,

You will always have my full support too. Magicians know the importance of protecting intellectual properties, legally or ethically. I am sure justice will prevail sooner.
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
Philtrum
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Philtrum
Well, I'm very sorry to hear it. You're an important name in modern cups and balls. I hope you reconsider, but I understand your frustrations I think. All the best and good luck to you,
Kelly
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
This is sad news indeed. I never got around to ordering some cups from Gary, but I wish I had. This is the kind of thing that happens when people don't support the artists and originators in our business. They can always find something else to do.

I'm surprised that ebay and paypal would take such actions. I would have expected them to remain neutral in such a circumstance. I don't care what the idiot said, it was still just his word against Gary's. It doesn't seem like it was their business to regulate the C&B or magic business. (that's something we should be doing ourselves)

well, it's our loss. Sorry to see you go, Gary.
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
Everybody email ebay with a complaint fighting the accusation. Gary I am sad to hear that you are out of the biz. I can say that me set of Love Cups are my pride and joy and I use them daily. I do wish I could have ordered a set of the Crash Invaders before it all ended.. They are truly beautiful.

I wish you the best Gary,
Dylan
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It's really difficult to do anything about ebay's capricious decisions, especially when they involve someone who can claim that he has all of these qualifications as a metal spinner. Does anyone remember how difficult it was to get JB busted off ebay?

If Gazzo would nail him because he has used his name to sell knockoff cups, that would do the job.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
I'm off busking to day to cool down. Not bothered about ebay at all. Will find a replacement for paypal. I'll make the cups people are waiting for.

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 4:33am
I have ebay back after a chat with them. Getting replacement or new paypal account if I can. I'll cheer up in a few days .Thanks for the kind words.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Gary:

Everything will work out.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Magicpitch has my email .Have dropped google . postmaster@magicpitch.co.uk please from now or the hotmail one
cheers Gary
off busking to make myself feel better
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
YAY!!!
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
I filed a complaint against "Stevie the Louse" with e-bay claiming that he was ripping -off Gary & Gazzo. More reports would help Gary's case. I once did this with a Chinese seller that was ripping off a knife maker in England. It took about a month but it got done. The Chinese guy(s) finally screwed up when they plagarized the knife makers own blueprints in the ad like they had permission...which they did not. Don't give up, Gary; in the words of Bugs Bunny: "Of course you know, this means war!"

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
All good , Paypal and ebay now say my accounts were not close .which is odd to say the least. However I'm opening a new one not linked to gmail as I have had some odd things happen with that email. After Gazzo getting hacked I think I 'll go with my own email or a smaller company.
Less of a target I hope

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 12:23pm
We have paypal and moneybookers now linked to postmaster@magicpitch.co.uk. Had a good day in S.... busking.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13354 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Glad to hear it, Gary. I'm sorry that being a descent human being doesn't pay off much these days.

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
180 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
I'm glad to hear your back Gary, though we understood, I think many magicians had a tear in their eye when they heard you were leaving.

Cheers!

P.S. if you still want to do moron cups, I'm game; if not, I understand.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
No I'm doing them
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Be sure to save me a set! I'll do a tribute to Mr. Pickering.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
I love to have one too
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I have 2 sets of Gazzo cups made by Gary Animal. Both are hallmarked with the GA inside. These cups are my life. If there was ever a fire in my house the first thing I'd grab is my pouch with my Gazzo cups. Even if I lost everything, I know I could use my cups to build my life back up. That's my busker mindset.

I understand business is business and it's cut throat. But it's different in the magic world. It's small enough to know who the good guys and who the bad guys are. I support Gary 100%, this other creep, I wouldn't buy his cups if they were $5.00. Metal is expensive these days. I hope this guy spins a lot of cups and they sit on his shelf...waiting.

We love you Gary. Glad you're back up and running.

EVILDAN.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Gazzo Street Devils (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL