The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Gazzo Street Devils (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Cheers my friend.

Posted: Apr 20, 2011 1:34pm
THe knock off are up to 101 pounds now ,that is bad news as he'll really start turning out cups now. I hope the buyer is someone who is going to stiff him. He is the link
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll......74992072
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Well, Gary, he certainly has no eye for style. They look like crap compared to yours.

Besides one of my favorite things about cups is knowing a little about the person I bought from. Really! Who would buy this from a crook?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Hi Frank , There is a plan for this very set if we pull it off.
Olivier BIENVENU
View Profile
New user
France
61 Posts

Profile of Olivier BIENVENU
I just read this thread and I canceled my bid. I hope I won't have any trouble with ebay.
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Thanks . It turns out this guy has three bits of positive feedbank from one lady who lives in sheffield . Also expect shill bidding here hence the private auction . Have asked ebay to check ip addresses of seller /feedback leaver and bidders. It turns out he got be blocked from my account for a while by claiming I tried to buy out side of ebay and would noy take no for an answer. Ebay sent me a warning , he then claimed I kept ringing him to cut them out of the picture.
A really big thankyou for canceling your bid. If you want a set of Gazzo street devils for the amount you bid let me know. It'll be my reward to you for doing the decent thing.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
The formatting of the add is also the same and is also posted via mobile like his. Too coincidental for my liking.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
He's probably got friends bidding on them so as to try to get some interest going. About $165 American so far...sheesh that's cheap! He's not going to succeed with that kind of money!

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Just won with ebay. his 4 feedbacks come from the same town, three of them from one buyer who brought cups, leather girls belt and a tea service. She also bid on this set and is registered to the same address. other feed back comes from down the road. Ebay has said that this is not evidence of shill bidding. Who the hell sells on ebay to their wife. Turns out his listings and hers come from the same Iphone. ebay have said he will get a warning. Read my fake ad about his cups on magicpitch.co.uk I'm going to actually make them for a laugh.

Posted: Apr 20, 2011 6:53pm
Anyone who get this set I'll swap it for any set you like. Gazzo street devils what ever. We want to do the movie where we execute them. It;ll be a funny movie and we really want to make it. Any workers ,collectors that can get to uk can have a spot in the movie. It will be fun and we will you tube it. I have someone trying to get the set. If someone else does swop with me. Be careful we think shill bidding may be going on as its a private auction and all his feedback comes from people he knows in sheffield.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2011-04-20 18:33, garyanimal wrote:
Just won with ebay. his 4 feedbacks come from the same town, three of them from one buyer who brought cups, leather girls belt and a tea service. She also bid on this set and is registered to the same address. other feed back comes from down the road. Ebay has said that this is not evidence of shill bidding. Who the hell sells on ebay to their wife. Turns out his listings and hers come from the same Iphone. ebay have said he will get a warning. Read my fake ad about his cups on magicpitch.co.uk I'm going to actually make them for a laugh.

I freakin' knew it man! This is why, lately, I've been shopping more at Amazon. Faster service, better guarantees, and so forth. Way to go, Stevie the Louse!

Sir Richard.
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
Quote:
On 2011-04-20 18:53, garyanimal wrote:
Anyone who get this set I'll swap it for any set you like. Gazzo street devils what ever. We want to do the movie where we execute them. It;ll be a funny movie and we really want to make it. Any workers ,collectors that can get to uk can have a spot in the movie. It will be fun and we will you tube it. I have someone trying to get the set. If someone else does swop with me. Be careful we think shill bidding may be going on as its a private auction and all his feedback comes from people he knows in sheffield.

You should do it like Flat Stanley. Basically we ship the cups to each other, whoever wants them pays for shipping to themselves, We then each get to mutilate the cups in some way. We must record the damage being done and then we mail the cups off to the next guy. The resulting video will be a mash up of the united disgust of us all worldwide.

I have also been communicating with this "spinner". I was going to bid and then give him bad feedback but then I realized that he would just create a new account anyways. So I changed tactics. I emailed him asking how much a set ran for. 140 pounds. He went on to say that all ten of his sets had sold already and that he had already sold 40 more. I call BULL. At 140 pounds I don't think anyone could sell 50 sets in such short time. Oh and he has a bunch of magicians against him. Ridiculous. He also commented on his great respect for buskers. Yeah right.

As always,
Dylan
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
He went on to say that all ten of his sets had sold already and that he had already sold 40 more.

Yeah, his wife probably bought them all!

Sir Richard.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I know just a tiny bit about the guys who purchase cups. I think Gary and Donnie can back me up on this. I know Jake can.

There are about 25 hard core cup collectors who will buy almost anything that comes on the market. This is a world-wide figure. Among the buskers, there are another couple dozen guys, but they don't just buy everything. Some of them pick at cups and look at prices, and then rationalize buying the cheapest cups they can get away with. The guys in the know have bought GA cups before and know what they will be getting.

I don't think Stevie has sold 4 sets, much less 40 of them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

I think you're right Bill. If he's sold any recently then he is selling them outside of ebay. He should be kicked off for that. If he's sold any to dealers because of the email he was sending out then they should be showing up somewhere (I have not seen anything advertised.)

Aside from that he's picked a micro niche (a small market within an already small niche) and ripped off one the bigger players and insulted the custmers he's aiming at without knowing anything about the product or the buyers.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Well ,auction's over; did anybody from here buy the cups so Gary can rank the guy? They went for 103 GBP or about $169 US.

Sir Richard.
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
They went for 103 . As yet I've no real idea who has them. Traitor .
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

His wife no doubt.
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
He git a good price he'll be happy if its a genuine sale. Personally for a set with no history that's a very good price. Long term of course the numbers of street cups required is very small . I'm known as a performer and maker and most sales really are to my friends (you lot) so I'm not really worried. When it comes to cups I like Jim cellini cups , James risers are great. I love the minimal design and the quality on of the spinning on his jumbo cups. Sherwood cups are unique and different and I am sure will become highly valued collectors items in years to come. For me I'm interested in new designs and Gazzo and I have recently made a little salt poor . The Steve Pilfering moron cups will be great cups made by me ,designed by me but signed Steve pilfering.
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
That guy will always be way far behind you...Gary.

starting a new line of business is never easy, need to be focuesd and have adequate resources to ride out the tides... and most importantly, integrity. these factors are all too challenging for him.
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
True. Also its not a money business . It's something you do if you love it. You can't live on the sale of a few dozen sets of cups a year. I really think he does not understand how small this market is. I only started making cups because was young and could not get hold of any .
Mike McErlain
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto & Green Cove Springs, FL
130 Posts

Profile of Mike McErlain
Quote:
On 2011-04-21 16:13, garyanimal wrote:
True. Also its not a money business . It's something you do if you love it. You can't live on the sale of a few dozen sets of cups a year. I really think he does not understand how small this market is. I only started making cups because was young and could not get hold of any .

Gary, by all accounts, this guy will not last. Having said that, I'm sorry he has caused you so much undeserved
aggravation.
I have three sets of your cups and love them. There's nothing like the real thing.
If someone wants cheap cups, there are many legit options on the market. Ripping off a class act is
unacceptable.
I'm glad to hear it's all working out!
With much support,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Gazzo Street Devils (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL