The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » M.A. Support Group (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
Guys, I've been reading through some of the "you know your a magician when....." lists and I must say, I'm guilty of quite a few on these lists. That is why, I stand here before you, to announce Magicians Anonymous, the first support group for all of us addicts. I'll start things off: Hello, my name is Ben, and I have a problem. "Hello Ben".............
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Hi Ben,

My name is Magix and I don't have a problem. What am I doing here anyway? (Looks for exit) Who's idea was it to bring me here? I'm not addicted. I can control it. Honest, I can. I can stop anytime I want.

I'm outta here!
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
My name's Chris and ...... I'm.....I'm......I'm an addict.

If there were more hours in the day I would happily fill them with magic. I love reading about magic, making my own effects, practicing and performing. And I spend far too much time on magic forums discussing magic. I know there are others here like me. Perhaps together we can get through it.

:)
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
We can Chris. Together we can fight our addictions! I myself am an addict, looking for moral support. Oh look, Bruce Banner just came in.........
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10789 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
My name is Vinny I'm an magic addict, Im looking for a support group, hope to find a sponser.and start a 12 step program...

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Keep coming back Vinny...keep coming back.
:)
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Since the last meeting things have gone from bad to worse for me. I have become an insomniac. I can't sleep, my head is filled with crazy ideas, problems to solve, and cleaning products that might take my pips off. Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Will this support group give out a coin like A.A.?
If so, we'd all be palming them and rolling them down our knuckles! Would it have a steel core? Would it be a shell?

Smile *hic* *hic*
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27151 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Jones, it's quite an accomplishment to get ONE good idea from imagination into performance. The audience feedback is important to the process. Most performers come across better when well rested. You don't want your audience to be distracted by your coffee jitters and bags under your eyes and incoherent mumbling... or could use that as your performing style.

Follow through with a couple of ideas and see how they work for people. Smile Jon
...to all the coins I've dropped here
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
JonTown, I know you're right. But I want it to be the RIGHT idea! The BEST I can get. I think I've got it now so hopefully my mind will relax and I'll get on with the practice. My first public performance is booked for August 23rd so it's a couple of weeks of rehearsals for me.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27151 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Okay Jones, let's try another tact.
Have you read the Neil Gaiman Sandman stories? Or how about the Alan Moore works from '200ad' to his more recent work at ABC inlcuding 'League of Extraordinary Gentleman'? How about the sories of Borges and PKDick?

What makes good magic has NOTHING to do with wires, closeup pads, Owens bases and varilights. It's about the story that runs in the minds of the audience members. Once you find a story worth telling, the rest can fall into place quickly.

Calliope says hello. Palmer Aldritch sends a postcard. Randalph Carter left a calling card. Jonathan Hoag wants to discuss art with you some time.

Does the performer sprinkle a circle of salt around the stage to protect himself from tossed vegies, or perhaps to protect the audience from the magic.

- just thought of a possible egg bag presentation premise: some magician mentor wanted to wish his progetge well on his performance, and instead of saying "break a leg", said: "drop an egg". Which is strange because being a guy and not a chicken, it's not as if he's gonna lay an egg to drop. And eggs appear like coins in an unexpected miser's dream for an omlet cheff. The eggs are put into a bag that keeps falling off the table. Maybe produce a live baby chick from the bag at end.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2003-08-05 12:48, JonTown wrote:
Does the performer sprinkle a cirlce of salt around the stage to protect himself from tossed vegies, or perhaps to protect the audience from the magic.

Well no JonTown, I usually do that to protect the spectators. I have little to do with any consequence during performance....very little if any.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » M.A. Support Group (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL