The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Harry Robson's Instant Reset Card In Envelope In Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1586 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Looks good, not sure about purchasing special envelopes though ...

Can you just use a standard sized envelope and rip it open yourself, as opposed to handing it to the spectator?
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Futureal,

I guess you could but the whole idea of the spectator actually unzipping the wallet and removing the envelope themselves makes the Bonsall envelopes a good buy IMHO.

Best,
Russ
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
Both Russ and Harry are legends.
Not letting the spec open the envelope seems kinda pointless in my opinion. The loading action looks great, I love my JOL wallet but reloading it has never been a smooth thing to do in the open.
Russ any idea if Daves double envelope will work with this if he brings them out?
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
For those that are not familiar with the power of doing a signed card to envelope in wallet, here is one of the best performers of it, Whit Haydn.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whithaydn#p/u/22/XeOXuAFdQWs
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2011-02-15 08:15, Dr. Magic wrote:
For those that are not familiar with the power of doing a signed card to envelope in wallet, here is one of the best performers of it, Whit Haydn.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whithaydn#p/u/22/XeOXuAFdQWs

And to reset, Whit doesn't need special envelopes or a special wallet (beyond the obvious specialness). The video cuts off so you don't see it, but he simply resets the trick right in front of the audience by pulling a new envelope from the wallet and inserting it into the compartment. Simple is best.
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
No, Whit does not use special envelopes But you do need a specific wallet. So...if you like the plot, The Harry Robson wallet might as well be the way to go as long as your going to make a wallet investment.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2011-02-15 10:00, Dr. Magic wrote:
No, Whit does not use special envelopes But you do need a specific wallet. So...if you like the plot, The Harry Robson wallet might as well be the way to go as long as your going to make a wallet investment.

Yes, I know the wallet Whit uses is special, which is why I said, "beyond the obvious specialness".

Apparently there are things possible with the wallet being advertised here that aren't possible with the standard CTW Whit employs. I was just championing the straightforward simplicity that can be achieved with standard props. For instance, the OP says, "...a lot of pros that don't use the envelope feature in their wallets because of the resetting problems when doing walkaround (crouching in the corner is never a very good look!)". Whit proves that it's no problem at all.
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
489 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
When I'm ordering this, do I get the special envelope also ?
And when this will be distributed by murphy's magic?
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Each wallet comes with 12 envelopes to start you off after that you can make your own or buy the Dave Bonsall envelopes ( 12 included ) which are all ready to go.
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Daves envelopes are really good, all of the fun with none of the fuss.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Me and two friends here in sweden made an order for the second batch. To say we are all exited is the understatement of the year. All three of us (in particular me) are wallet afectionatos.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
489 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
I'm also a Wallet Affectionate, the Paypal just sent few min ago
now play the Waiting game

oh PM Sent to Russ

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Me I'm just a plain ol wallet junkie lol.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1051 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Extremely practical for the working wizard.

jc
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
Any reviews from Blackpool?
Ethan
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of Ethan
Quote:
On 2011-02-21 20:37, MAGIC325 wrote:
Any reviews from Blackpool?

Well Harry showed me this at Blackpool and I gotta say I was very impressed. If I already had a card to wallet I was happy with then I doubt I'd want to pay the extra money to upgrade but it would be an upgrade. Works beautifully as a ring to wallet as well. Very nice CTW indeed, if you buy you will be happy.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3375 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Has the second batch been posted out?
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

Yes, the second batch were shipped out today. The third will ship tomorrow morning. Thanks for your custom and support, it's much appreciated!

Best,
Russ
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Quentin
This is very good. I bought one at Blackpool. The wallet is made to take the Dave Bonsall envelopes. It's perfect for the close-up card routine on John Archer's recent DVD set.

If you have a JOL (or any other) wallet and only use it once per gig, this wallet needn't be on your shopping list. However if you perform it many times per gig, and have been plagued by the time it takes to reset, then Harry's wallet is a must have.

The best advancement in card to wallet technology since Jerry O'Connell developed the JOL.
shaun m
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of shaun m
I was fortunate enough to get the prototype to try out a couple of weeks before Blackpool - it's a seriously versatile tool. I've been using it to do a straight card in wallet first, then load the envelope as the card is signed, so that I can finish with the card in the envelope - kind of upping the stakes. I've seen Harry do it as a repeat card to envelope and it's really powerful for lay people. It works perfectly as an easy loading trouser pocket wallet too which is a bonus. It's definite step up for card to envelope in wallet, I'd say.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Harry Robson's Instant Reset Card In Envelope In Wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL