The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Harry Robson's Instant Reset Card In Envelope In Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
I only got this wallet at the Blackpool Convention & have now had time to perform this in 2 shows, I performed the card in envelope about 30 times, one gig in a restaurant & a private party. The loading of the envelope into the wallet is quick & smooth. The loading of the card to envelope in performance is very easy to do as its massive ! I tried out Shaun's routine from the dvd & have to say what a great piece of close up magic. All in all a great price for a wallet that I will use lots of times !!

Best Wishes

Mark Southworth
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3375 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Mine arrived today and I've been playing with it all afternoon. I must say I like the size as I use it as a hip wallet in my jeans, which are a little baggy, rather than in a jacket. I was worried about being able to load it when in my back pocket, but it is a real breeze. I'm also the kind of person happy to buy prepared envelopes, which are wonderful and also very inexpensive. If you aren't worried about palming a card this is a very very nice bit of kit. Also if you perform for a blue collar crowd in bars like I do, the fact you can immediately repeat is worth its weight in gold. Gotta say, like this alot. Now out to the real world over the weekend and put it to the test.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2925 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I received this yesterday. "Love the smell of leather". I do like the concept very much and if performing in a sport or suit jacket you have to make sure it has a large enough ticket pocket situated below the inner breast pocket. If not, you won't be able to perform the multiple reveals semi-smoothly.

It makes a difference if you are right or left handed in that sport or suit jackets are made a certain way in regards to where the inner pockets are positioned, so depending on your preference on where you keep your wallet those considerations will have to be addressed.

I do have a little concern is that there does seem to be a little too much hand time (fiddling) inside the jacket. Now that may be because I know what's going on. With audience management this "may" fly right by. I like to go in and out of my jacket with as little work as possible.........Note: I haven't tried this out yet or even practiced yet, it's just an observation from watching the video........The instructional DVD is adequate but would have liked to see a little more detail regarding handling and placement of envelopes for different wallet location preferences on your person..........Like if you are going to perform from your jeans or trousers. I did find myself having a few questions while watching the DVD that weren't covered but it's not rocket science so I'm sure I'll answer those questions when rehearsing.

The envelopes, you get 12, are designed for the wallet and you will have to either purchase more..or..as I did, carefully take apart the envelope to make a template. Easy enough! I understand the envelopes are reasonably priced.

That being said; if you want to reveal the same signed card or multiple cards several times without excusing yourself for a few seconds to set-up, this wallet is certainly worthy of your consideration.

David Paul
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
489 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Still waiting mine to arrived (sigh)
any news with my order Russ?

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Rafael,

Sorry for the slight delay, as I've been away filming our next project. Yours was shipped the day the order was received and should be with you any time now I would guess. Thanks again for your support and custom, it's much appreciated!

Best,
Russ
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1990 Posts

Profile of puggo
I picked this up on pre-order, but used it repeatedly under fire for the first time last night. I was performing close up (mainly tables) for about 180 people at a comedy club. I used about 20 envelopes throughout the evening for different effects (great product and service from Dave Bonsal by the way).
I use my Royal CTW all the time, but stopped using my CTW & envelope setup a while back, because it was a pain in the a*** to reset while strolling.
This makes ir practical to use the envelopes in busy working conditions - I had to return to my bag just the once to replenish my envelope supply. It's funny how when you don't use an effect for a while, you can forget its impact. The envelope really does add impact to the already strong card or object to wallet.

Well recommended if ease of use and reset on the fly matter to you.

Charlie
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
I received the wallet. The envelopes that came with it are too big to load. I communiacted with seller, and was told they'd send smaller ones. I'm still waiting for them.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2429 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
How much are the envelopes?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2429 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Can this be used as a regular card to wallet without the envelope?

How much are the envelopes if you don't want to make them up yourself? Where can these envelopes be ordered?
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Paul,

The envelopes are available directly from Dave Bonsal at:

http://www.magiciansenvelopes.com/the-envelopes.htm

50 of the deluxe envelopes are £14.50 or £11.50 for the standard type. The wallet does come with a small supply to get you started though.

Here is a quote from Lance Burton about them:
"Dave just wanted to take a minute to say how wonderful your envelopes are they are so easy to use and load into my wallet. I highly suggest them to anyone doing an object to wallet. Having the item end up in a sealed envelope that you can have the spectator open is very powerful magic."

Best,
Russ
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2429 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Russ,

Let's say you are at a walk around event and run out of envelopes. Can this be used as a regular card to wallet without the envelope?
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Quote:
On 2011-04-19 08:19, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Russ,

Let's say you are at a walk around event and run out of envelopes. Can this be used as a regular card to wallet without the envelope?

Same question from me
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22389 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I see there are 2 versions without explaination given, what is the differce between the 64.99 pound version and the 39.99 pound version. Is it a deluxe wallet and not so deluxe wallet, or what?
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2925 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
Russ,

Yes you can use the wallet without the envelopes.......and to answer wmhegbli's question, there is just one style wallet. The $64.99 is US currency and the 39.99 is in pounds
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
Quote:
On 2011-04-15 19:07, MAGIC325 wrote:
I received the wallet. The envelopes that came with it are too big to load. I communiacted with seller, and was told they'd send smaller ones. I'm still waiting for them.

I have now received the smaller envelopes.
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
Quote:
On 2011-04-19 09:21, cmpmagic wrote:
Quote:
Russ,

Same question from me

Yes.
DantesTheGreat
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of DantesTheGreat
How do you guys feel about this wallet now you've had a little longer to play with it?
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1990 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote "How do you guys feel about this wallet now you've had a little longer to play with it?"

I use a Royal CTW as my everyday wallet, but I would not be without the Robson Wallet when working now. Most of my gigs are strolling and I wear a suit jacket. I have the wallet in an inside pocket with a divider (a thin rectangle of plastic), with the re-loads behind the divider.

I perform my card / other routine, take out the wallet, hand out the sealed envelope, wallet is returned to the pocket and I reset right in front of the specs...

While I don't mind arts and crafts, the Bonsall envelopes are excellent. I picked up a 100 - excellent customer service and in my opinion, the extra reaction the envelope gets makes the very small investment very worthwhile.

So, in summary, if you are a hobbyist, it is a nice to have, but no big deal. As a (part time) worker, I really wouldn't like to be without it - and that's after few months of working it, so I'm out of the 'honeymoon' period.

Charlie
DantesTheGreat
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of DantesTheGreat
Thanks for the message, it sounds like a great piece of kit for the regular performer. I like the divider idea.

D
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
489 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 15:28, DantesTheGreat wrote:
How do you guys feel about this wallet now you've had a little longer to play with it?

I bought this just to learn the "instant reset method"
since I only used my own wallet based on my own design and specification

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Harry Robson's Instant Reset Card In Envelope In Wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL