The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Is there a Pull that does not need a jacket? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Hi Guys ,
I often perform without a jacket . Mostly when I am out in a club or bar and its just too hot to wear more then a shirt .
But I miss my favourite gimmick ! A pull ! or possibly a reel . I have found it so strong to finish with a dissapearing pen or ring ,particularly so fast and clean and without "transfers".
Has anyone seen or heard of a pull or reel that works without a jacket ?
If not I may have to invent one !
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Not a pull... But,T'KO ( The Kaylor Option - by Jeff Kaylor) could be used with a button short sleeve shirt.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Yes , TKO is a good option .
Except for pens , and ring flights . But its not quite the " Bamm ! " . That instant gone ! Which I usually use to the max . Plus I would have to wear the same shirt every time .
I can pretty much achieve the same thing / close as TKO with a transfer and a pocket ditch as the hand has to be in motion .
A pull lets you do almost nothing and "Gone " . It can take a lot of heat .
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
It was just a thought! A ditch in a pant pocket is allot harder than a ditch to a jacket pocket.
If you do invent a pull you can conceal well without a jacket... put me down as your first customer, because I want one as well!!!
I am thinking about fixing a couple of different shirts with a customized copy of TKO to match each shirt, in the same color and material as the actual shirt!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Funkytek
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Funkytek
Hello, so with all the pulls and stuff, do you need to customize shirts and jackets? That means you need a good seamstress right? There is no way I can sew anything like this alone. And I want to get into vanishes.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Why not just use the pull through the button gap in your shirt?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2011-02-17 10:03, Funkytek wrote:
Hello, so with all the pulls n stuff do you need to customize shirts n jackets?? that means you need a good seamstress right? there is no way I can sow anything like this alone. & I want to get into vanishes.

There are several ways to make a vanish,,,(palms,ditches.silks etc.) This post was just to talk about how to do without a jacket. You may be in a T-shirt and can not start clean and end clean. The above mentioned TKO and other will not work if you do not have a button shirt. There are several gimmicks that you have to hide! (gecko and others)
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
If you're looking to merely accomplish a "Ring Flite" without a reel, the model from Collector's Workshop is perfect. Ring ends up in the middle of the keys on your keyring and the spectator unscrews it to remove the ring. No reel or pull (hence, no danger of a lost ring) used.

Steve
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Quote:
On 2011-02-17 11:29, boydy wrote:
Why not just use the pull through the button gap in your shirt?

Have you done this ?
Does it work for pens ?
Possibly could work along the lines of the Raven option .
I am interested if this already exists .
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I developed a pull approach a decade ago called "disMbody." One configuration can be done without a coat. Another with a vest. One doesn't even need a shirt. Maybe it's time to work it up as an eBook.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Check out Sylvester the Jester's page.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Yes Pete , A very creative solution . It doesn't fit the criteria I mentioned . I am wanting to NOT alter my existing clothes , but add something .
Funsway , I am curious . Is this a gimmick that can be used when wearing a shirt and no vest/jacket .?
And it pulls . Pens , coins ?
CDo you have to alter your clothes ?
There is a market for this . Well, 2 on this page anyway!!
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Other thank TKO does anyone have a non-jacket pull up their sleeve?
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Yes it works. You just have to be creative. Think of a pull and the imagine all possible ways that one could be used, write them down but don't judge your ideas, that stifle your imagination. Ideas will come.

I even have one that is strapped to my shoulder that I wear under a t shirt and the nylon is threaded through the armpit. The object being to pull an object under my armpit to hide it. This is a reel though and I made it for a specific purpose.
Ed Solomon
View Profile
New user
Ed Solomon
70 Posts

Profile of Ed Solomon
While technically not a pull as such, I have used a weighted monofilament that is threaded through the waist band of the slacks, that has a weight at the concealed end, and a loop at the other that is used as the motivator for a r*****g c***d routine as explained in the final Tarbell book.
The loop is picked up and the weight, hanging on the inside of the slacks is pulled up, and the loop put in operational readiness.
When the tension is released by the fingers, the weight descends down the pant leg like an elevator, with enough momentum to activate the loop letting it do its required job.
Can be done in short sleeved shirts with the shirt tail tucked in. It won't vanish objects but can lift them.
Ed Solomon
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2011-02-19 18:50, Roki wrote:
Possibly could work along the lines of the Raven option.

The Raven is perfect for this! I really know of no other.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Is there a Pull that does not need a jacket? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL