The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Recommendations on a Digital Player (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Thanks to recommendations on the magic café,

I have my background picked out; the large Magic Background with side panels.

I have the figure table purchased; the Gibraltar table and the Al Good table.

I own the P.A. system

I purchased the Shure 55 microphone with a stand.

Now I have looked at Axtell and found music I want to add to the production.
Make It Magic CD Volume I
Magic Performance CD
Make It Gospel CD

I want to transfer the Axtell music to a professional digital player; that has the capability to be connected to my P.A. system; it should be outfitted with controls that by the press of a touch screen or digital button at the appropriable time in the routine would play the chosen recorded music. This player would be similar in design to an iPod.

Does anyone know of a reliable product that will accomplish this?
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I am still researching the purchase of a system.

Does anyone have experience, or comments about the MP3 Tech remote linked below?

http://www.theceswebsite.com/products/au......dex.html
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
I use it in every show, and it works perfectly. Kerry Pollock, the owner, gives great customer service.

Bob
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I second the mp3 Tech. Its the best on the market and the customer service is incredible.

Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Bob & Tom;

This is the first comments I‘ve received concerning the music cueing system posting. The Tech MP3 is also the largest single expenditure for equipment that I will be spending.

Since both of you have recommended the MP3 Tech I will purchase it; I have researched other units and was not happy with any of them;
I see no use buying equipment and storing it, so it will be one of the last items I buy when I am ready to perform, along with the Magic Background.

I am starting my Sunday school shows at the beginning of March and I think I will be ready to perform in front of an audience within the next 2 months; youtube videos will be coming soon.

I already purchased a battery operated PA system and the Shure 55 microphone; I can use this PA system for venues with no power; I have decided that I want to incorporate a superior P.A. system to go with the MP3 Tech.

So guys, what do you use?

Buzz
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Buzz,
When I carry my own sound, I use an Anchor Extreme system, single or double speakers. They provide a clear speaking voice and work equally well in indoor or outdoor settings. I used them for audiences up to 1,000 approx.

When working corporate events, I plug into a variety of systems because they are provided by the client. Every sound company I've worked with has fallen in love with my MP3 Tech.

You may also want to call Joe Lefler. He sold the current system VentHaven Convention is using. I was very impressed with it.

One thing I would recommend when you purchase your system - get a small powered monitor for the stage so you can hear yourself. I had never worked with one until last year - now it is a requirement! They make a major difference.

Tom

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Buzz,
A number of my friends use Anchors and love them. People seem to like the dealer Florida Magic for their service. I have a Bose L1 System 2 for larger shows and a Fishman SA220 for smaller venues. I like these because the have linear array speakers and nicely fill a room (especially the Bose).

Tom,
Which small powered monitor do you use?

Bob
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Bob & Tom;

I am sold on the MP3 Tech, and it is a definite purchase; I have been looking at different types of sound systems today and my eyes are crossed.
Tonight I signed on and saw both your latest posts; My first thought was that you guys got together in a PM and decided to see how much money I will spend on a sound system; LOL… well Bob, you won; the Bose system was the limit.

I must admit that when I read the sound equipment prices, I did have to take a moment to recover.

After careful thought, if I am going to succeed with my future as a ventriloquist I must be heard with equipment that will be reliable and project superior fidelity; nothing I do as a performer is going to be more important than to be heard clearly.

Because both of you have used the systems you have recommended, I am going to make a choice between the Anchor Extreme system and the Fishman SA220 system.

As for a vendor; Joe Lefler has an excellent reputation and is a reseller for the MP3 Tech; his price for the MP3 Tech is a lower price than the CES web site. I clicked on sound systems and was redirected to his other site, Magic and Sound Systems.

I am going to call them on Monday and see what sound equipment they have and if I can get a package price.

I will let you know the results of my conversation.

Thanks again, you both have been a great help and confidence builder.
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
Quote:
On 2011-02-19 01:25, Buzz Lawrence wrote:
Bob & Tom;

. . . nothing I do as a performer is going to be more important than to be heard clearly.

Yes, because we all know a mime is a terrible thing to waste. . .

Steve
http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Steve;

My buddy Dan has many jokes for mimes.

All the jokes typed here were typed without moving my lips

Q: If a tree falls on a mime in the woods, and there's no one there to hear it, does the mime make a sound

Q: When you shoot a mime, do you use a silencer?

Q: When a mime gets arrested, is it useless for the police to tell him he has the right to remain silent?
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Great ones. I'll jot them down. I'm sure I can get a laugh or two with them. Thanks.

Steve
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I forgot to put the ©Buzz Lawrence & Dan 2011 on the post, well too late now…
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Buzz,

No worry. I don't perform, I just irritate folks at Church with my brand of humor. Makes em glad to hear the Preacher!!! - lol

Steve
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-02-19 10:40, Steve at The Dummy Shoppe wrote:
Buzz,

I just irritate folks at Church with my brand of humor!!! - lol

Steve

Where were we, oh yea I was waiting for Bob and Tom to lead me into temptation with PA system discussion
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Tom & Bob;

Ijust talked to Joe and he recomendes this unit, he tells me that it is an update to the Anchor System, here is the link and the information. Can you give me your comments PLEASE?

http://www.soundprojections.com/pdf/sp_r......310a.pdf

FR-3neo Freedom 100 watt battery & AC powered music and voice "talkover" sound system 1,588
100 watt, 36 pound Battery and AC powered dual Class H Bi-Amplified sound system with
Neodymium speakers and "Talkover" function. 110 to 240VAC universal AC power input and
external speaker output. Provides 100 watts total power to the internal speakers and FR-3C biwired
companion speaker. 110-240VAC.
NOW INCLUDES OPT-HB1 HEAVY-DUTY BATTERY AS STANDARD.
12 amp-hour battery Increases operating time up to 70% over standard battery
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Buzz,

I don't know about Bob's schedule, but if Tom is not right regular with his postings, he is on the road performing somewhere. I'm sure both will be back at it soon. I would give you my opinion, but in this area if I gave it and you took it, we would both be fools.

I'm glad to see that you have been talking to Joe Lefler. I got to know him quite well last year at the ConVENTion and that is why I recommended him to you early on. He is tops in his field.

Steve
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Steve;

Thanks. I called Joe and we got along very well, he is a fine man and very interesting; he has many years of experience and is ready to share it.

The company he would like me to get the sound system from is located in Los Angeles area so I can drive down and pick it up.
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Hi Buzz,

have you taken a look at the IPod shuffle? I use it with a Shure Performance Gear Guitar/Bass wireless system and iTunes playlists clipped to my belt I can cue my sound almost invisibly...

I use it through a Yamaha STAGEPAS300
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Buzz,
I honestly don't remember the name of the system we used at VentHaven. I know it was easy to set up and sounded great. Joe recommended that one to Mark & Ken, so if he recommends this one, take his word.

One thing to think about is power. I prefer light weight equipment, so I went with the Extreme Anchor because it has no battery. That means I require power - so that is in my rider. I'm sure you'll hear all kinds of positives about having the battery option - but for me, its never been a problem getting electric.

Bob - Its a TC Helicon VSM-200 Powered Monitor. I was in a small town and it was the only thing they had in stock. Probably paid too much, but I love it. Very small, very powerful and very directional. I set it on the stage a couple feet in front of me and it makes a real difference!
Tom

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Joe mentioned the system he is recommending to me was the same larger system purchased for Venthaven, Mark had purchased a smaller Anchor system; I don’t know which system you looked at.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Recommendations on a Digital Player (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL