The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Twisted Blizzard , am I wastin my time? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

punxtron12
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of punxtron12
I have twisted bizzard and was wanting to know what everyone's thoughts on the effect were. I think I might need to switch the deck with a legit blank deck. How do you perform something like this without looking awkward and out of place? What goes with twisted blizzard , or should it be left to show only by it's self.

Please send some tips,advice and opinions my way please.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I own Twisted Blizzard but have not yet performed it with spectators. My impression is that with some audience management, it should be fine. But again, that is not yet based on working the effect in public. Dean Dill's Blizzard does leave you clean at the end and is very impactful. I hope this helps some.
silent shadow
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
231 Posts

Profile of silent shadow
My first impression is your wasting your time but one way you could disarm your spectators is by using a normal deck for a few effects then doing some non card magic then come back with this routine, this way they have a clean deck in their minds already.
Just trying to think of some ways to make this effect look so not fishy and I'm struggling.... hmph

Jason
Magic or just an illusion? it's a free choice .... isn't it?
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
You have to approach this the same way you would any overly gaffed deck.
It's not something you want to do first as mentioned. You're going to want to switch it in and switch it out at some point.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Frankly, I'd get Dean's BLIZZARD.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
I'll second that Mr Biro. Much better routine.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Still presents some of the same issues.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Quote:
On 2011-02-21 02:28, Pete Biro wrote:
Frankly, I'd get Dean's BLIZZARD.

Have to go with Pete on this. You crush people with this trick.

The ad says "This effect has smoked some of the best minds in magic, including, Dai Vernon, Michael Weber, Mac King, Larry Jennings, Paul Harris, Rudy Coby".

Not many tricks could fool Michael Weber.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you read BLIZZARD instructions carefully there are really no issues.
3M
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
59 Posts

Profile of 3M
I second (or third =p) pete's recommendation. I've had BLIZZARD in my working repertoire for about 5 years now and have never been called on it. But I also do as MOTOWN mentioned- I switch the deck in after a build up with a normal deck and then switch it out and continue. The biggest thing with BLIZZARD in confidence, I completely doubted that you could pull that much deception over on an audience, but the only way to be certain was to try it out, and try I did, and to great effect. The switch actually worked, you just have to be calm, cool and collected and not look guilty about it.

Cheers!
Fred
Semper Magus
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'll tell you THE FIRST TIME I DID IT... I was totally thrilled at how easy it was and how NOBODY... I MEAN NOBODY... was looking at the 'WORK'... it gave me such confidence in Dean Dill's details.
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
I fourth Pete's recommendation - Blizzard is the best effect of its type!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Twisted Blizzard , am I wastin my time? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL