The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » My Hypnosis Stage Show online (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
My new site will be live hopefully within the net 24 hours and on it will be my full stage show. Well, slightly edited for video, it's amazing how much time is taken up just moving people about etc.

All we seem to get on the Interweb, especially fro the street guys, is bit and pieces, it's as if there is something to hide.

When it goes live your comments will be interesting.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I don't know I would hide some of the bits they have up...

I think to watch a whole show is a big ask these days on the web most just want a rapid hit then move on.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Jon,

After reading your book 3 times, I would love to see your full show.

-Scott M
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
One of the problems with watching a stage hypnosis show is it doesn't transfer well to video. I have seen live performances many times (in person) that were fun, exciting and hilarious, yet watching the same show on video you do not get the same experience or true essence. Keep this in mind as you view any performance DVD.

This is any stage hypnosis show in general and not directed in any way to Mr. Chase or anyone else specifically.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Looking forward to seeing it. It will be good to see the full thing (though maybe not in one sitting!) rather than cherry-picked highlights. Thanks.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Yes I am looking forward to seeing this as well.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I have to say I'd disagree. Maybe it's just me but I believe that we can find macro in the micro. That is that sometimes the tiniest of things possess something truly magical. I like to call them: 'Ahaa moments'.
But then again that Chase fella might be rubbish. I'm told he doesn't even wear a shiny waistcoat. That's a recipe for failure in my book!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think though Bobser you and probably most on here have a different point of view than a normal punter. Magic is in the eye of the beholder.

Jon doesn't earn his living from doing shows anymore so I guess its no skin off his nose. Most people put clips up for marketing purposes to show everything would defeat the purpose.

Although he does make money from teaching stage hypnosis which means his marketing purposes are different.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I am looking forward to seeing your full stage show. It will be very educational to see everything and not just the highlights. After watching you, Anthony, Derren Brown, and Louis Theroux so much this Yank will start using words like brilliant, ride on lifts, and start watching that weird sport you call football that uses a round ball.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Why not! Most of our youth talk like black American gangsters so nice to have a culture swap every now and then. Smile

Just don't learn English from Dick van Dike!!! (Gord blimey Mary Poppins!)

Soon we'll have you driving on the correct side of the road!
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2011-02-22 10:05, bobser wrote:
But then again that Chase fella might be rubbish. I'm told he doesn't even wear a shiny waistcoat. That's a recipe for failure in my book!

Yeah! And he can't even click his fingers. But neither can I, so I can't throw stones.
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Bobser I used to wear shiny waistcoats before anyone else did - lol. Have a look at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvlPs1_S0rk

Tony you're right, I do however make the, movements and click me tongue. Who cares I live dangerously!
Smiles

Jon Chase

Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
You need my wonderful new instructional DVD set:

"How to click your fingers and annoy people"
And
"Stone Throwing for non-glasshouse dwellers"

Only £150 with free "Shiny Waistcoat Monthly" Vol 43-58 bonus gift.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Mr. Chase,

Just watched the first act and loved it. I was really laughing when you had them believing the terrible smell. That was Hilarious. I liked the the Heavy /Light hand you did. I assume you did that to gauge who would be the best candidates. I believe the second act you lost a few and had them sit down. What caused that to happen? Was it that they were just playing along in the beginning? Or it's just something that happens.

Thanks again for posting the show, I'm gonna watched the rest this evening. I really enjoy it.

RandyM
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2011-02-22 20:22, JonChase wrote:
Bobser I used to wear shiny waistcoats before anyone else did - lol. Have a look at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvlPs1_S0rk

Tony you're right, I do however make the, movements and click me tongue. Who cares I live dangerously!

It's funny how the waistcoat became the Hypnotists uniform?
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Quote:
On 2011-02-23 17:24, RandyM wrote:
Mr. Chase,

Just watched the first act and loved it. I was really laughing when you had them believing the terrible smell. That was Hilarious. I liked the the Heavy /Light hand you did. I assume you did that to gauge who would be the best candidates. I believe the second act you lost a few and had them sit down. What caused that to happen? Was it that they were just playing along in the beginning? Or it's just something that happens.

Thanks again for posting the show, I'm gonna watched the rest this evening. I really enjoy it.

RandyM

No Randy. One or two didn't go but I am as you saw unable now to run around along a long line so I go for two things, the ones with the Best imaginations and a number around four to six people. Then they all within reach.

The thing is since I got worse physically and started to severely whittle them down it also brings in the audiences focus and makes the show and the comedy tighter.

For those who have missed the announcement the show is on http://jonathanchase.com and follow the link under the Academy to the Cinema.
Smiles

Jon Chase

RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Well I still think it was a fantastic show and I really enjoyed it. Laughed many times watching. The couple that were excused appeared induced for a period then just kinda broke. But it was nice learning experience for me. I"m still gathering my courage and confidence before making my attempt. As with my performing close up magic and some mentalism over the years I practice till I can do it with my eyes closed, and then add in my patter so it becomes quite fluid and I don't have to really think about what I"m doing. So I'm trying to take the same approach with this and prepare myself.

May I ask sir, was the edited in the beginning or did the inductions really happen that quickly. Once again I thank you for posting, I really enjoyed the show and will not doubt watch it several more times.

RandyM
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Thanks again Randy. The inductions are more or less real time. Actually I fell off my *** stool half way through and it took a few moments to get back up.

The lady who was okay in the smells was rejected because she wan't a verbaliser and her friend wasn't physical enough. The rest just didn't have good enough imaginations and were sent off because I think there is nothing worse than people on stage who look and sound rubbish. You only focus on the good ones anyway.

I think our positions are very different. Whilst I am a half decent but very amateur Mentalist. *I* write my routines down and then practice what and how I will deliver my suggestions and control the show until I can do it in my sleep as well as in theirs. By the way, don't think they came up with everything they do and say, *I* am the one who knows what makes a good funny show. You don't think I'd let them write it do you?

Next time you watch focus on Me not them.
Smiles

Jon Chase

RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
That's exactly what I intend to this evening is watch "YOU" exclusively. I'm certain I will gains tons of knowledge doing that.
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Hi John,

Your videos and shows are great, but I don't think it is a good idea to upload a whole show on the internet because of marketing reasons. I always like to leave something as a surprise for when they hire you. I think that seeing the whole show might reduce the interest of potential clients or spectators that otherwise might have gone to the show or hired you.

I have done just one promotional video for the internet and some clips of actual shows, but I tried to do it as a summary and explanation of hypnosis and a whole show, but I left some things for the show itself. I did the same with mentalism uploading just a couple of good effects so people can see what I do but leaving most of the effects for the show.

Just my thoughts,

Regards from the middle of the world,

Giovanni.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » My Hypnosis Stage Show online (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL