The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » New Show - Eric Jones, Richard Osterlind and Matthew Bich (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Great show guys and loved the interviews. Your WPR is definately must see TV! I would be happy to see you do an interview show quarterly or even twice a year. It was a real nice change of pace.

I also liked the comment about you guys being the Waynes World of product reviews. After all, you did bow to Calen Morelli last week. (Although you should have also chanted, "We're not worthy, we're not worthy!") I'm looking forward to a future show where you wave your hands in the air and make doodle doodle noises and go into a dream sequence.

So, serious question. The penny bend isn't availble is it? I think I had heard some time before that it's one trick Richard isn't releasing.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
When I heard about this I wasn't sure, but upon watching it I loved it! BUT, that said, it could never replace the standard format. For special events and conventions though, I love it.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
EmersonRodriguez
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of EmersonRodriguez
The Show was amazing! Thankyou!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I love the idea of mixing interviews with product reviews. Great stuff.

Sean
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
Even though I like the original format way more I really enjoyed this weeks show.
and it would be great to have guest appearances from time to time.
or a show just like the last one every now and then.

cheers,
macc
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
How bout TWO different shows??

The weekly review show

AND

the occasional interview show?
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
Quote:
On 2011-02-24 05:43, MagicMan1957 wrote:
How bout TWO different shows??

The weekly review show

AND

the occasional interview show?

I second that
murli
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of murli
How about everyday!!!!!!!
LOL.
BenCardall
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of BenCardall
I have actually never laughed so much watching this review. Its just an awesome show! I love the wpr! and richard osterlind is a demon!
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Anything to keep the reviews as unbiased as possible.
There are already places doing great interviews... but only a handful doing unbiased reviews positive and negative.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
trouser
View Profile
New user
Texas
82 Posts

Profile of trouser
I enjoy the reviews as well as your effort in creating an entertaining show. The interviews are great, but I also agree with d above in that keeping it unbiased is important.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi Guys

Perhaps Format Change is the wrong way to describe what we were doing with this show. It was a format change just for this week and next week then we will be going back to normal. We will probably revisit this style again but only at special occasions. Our main focus always has been and always will be reviews!

Regarding being unbiased, that's something we pride our self on. There are no friends on the WPR just viewers. As you all know we get a lot of flack for saying what we think. It's never stopped us before and it won't to now.

Hope this helps

Craig
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
This was by far your best show yet. Well done guys.

To echo others opinions, the mix of reviews and guest spots were great.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks Andi

Next weeks show is the second half of our Blackpool special. Following this we go back to normal in terms of the layout if the show.

Craig
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
This was your best show TO DATE! ;-)
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Can't get enough of the Wizard Product Review, the best review show by far. I wish they could come to Los Angeles and do a show live from the Magic Castle in Hollywood! That would be GENIUS! However I am super grateful to be able to just go on youtube and BAM there they are! Keep it up GUYS!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 07:03, TCG438 wrote:
This was your best show TO DATE! ;-)

Cheers mate!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 08:27, sketchomagic wrote:
Can't get enough of the Wizard Product Review, the best review show by far. I wish they could come to Los Angeles and do a show live from the Magic Castle in Hollywood! That would be GENIUS! However I am super grateful to be able to just go on youtube and BAM there they are! Keep it up GUYS!

That would be cool - you never know, could happen!!!!!

Craig
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Nice show at Blackpool guys! I enjoyed the bit of change. Eric Jones also convinced me that Twizted is a keeper. Producers can always fool us with their edited previews and multiple audience reactions...this is something that is done real time and I still can't believe how visual the product is.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Though I couldn't argue with the reactions, I originally wondered why Richard Osterlind demonstrated one of the more basic effects with the Dynamo Deck. Until today, when I tried it.

Yow! They really DO start to jump out of their chair!

*jeep! and God Bless!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » New Show - Eric Jones, Richard Osterlind and Matthew Bich (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL