The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Your Andruzzi Quote of the Day (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
"I'm into the real stuff. No pretty-boy Ice Capades magic." -- Tony Andruzzi

from
Unspeakable Acts: three lives and countless legends of Tom Palmer/Tony Andruzzi/Masklyn ye Mage
by Jim Magus with Terry Nosek and Neil Tobin
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
"The way you cloak the hoax is everything." -- Tony Andruzzi
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
So, we keep following these and soon will have the entire book transcribed, eh? Smile

--Nice, but frustrating teasers!

Chris
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Chris,

Want me to stop? Smile
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Keep going -- we need to digest each bon-mott over an adequate period of time and let it settle into a comfortable position in our lives. (Love it LOL)
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
I think the most appropriate quote being the book is now released....

"So Mote It Be"
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
“A magician, after he’s done a performance, can mop his brow, collect his check, and smile and say that the little lady is waiting for me in the car. But a bizarrist, you must come in as a man of mystery and must leave as a man of mystery." -- Tony Andruzzi
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
Tony Andruzzi played the part of Tony Andruzzi 24/7. If you have any interest in this towering figure in the world of the bizarre, you must get Jim Magus' new book on him, Unspeakable Acts.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
What? There's a new book? Smile
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
After each of these quotes I can hear that unmistakable laugh coming through the ether.
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
The book is finally a reality! The project hasn't been whoofle dust. Its been like a four year pregnancy because most people have no
conception of not only the amount of material and photos that had to be assembled and then sequenced but the checking research was
a monster.

Remember, Jim was dealing with three people and you will be amazed at both the intertwining and then some of the differences
between Tom/Tony/MyM.

Lary/TEB3/Traveler
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Quote:
On 2011-02-28 09:52, Necromancer wrote:
�A magician, after he�s done a performance, can mop his brow, collect his check, and smile and say that the little lady is waiting for me in the car. But a bizarrist, you must come in as a man of mystery and must leave as a man of mystery." -- Tony Andruzzi

That is an AWESOME quote.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
“Many people take exception to me and say I’m doing black magic and things they can’t do at church. But I’m doing magic that started their church.” -- Tony Andruzzi
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Only those churches that started at the dawn if time -- and I must admit the Mage's work was always better than human sacrifice.

Tucson, AZ

Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
"When I look at the Tarot, I identify not with the Magician, but with the Fool. I always feel I am about to step off a cliff, with a small dog yapping at my heel, and my eye on the sun. I think I've been very lucky to be a Fool for 66 years." -- Tony Andruzzi
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Wow, sure is quiet out there. Here's another favorite that I wish more magic convention attendees took to heart:

"Magic is not supposed to be a puzzle. Magic is supposed to be MAGICK. I don’t want to puzzle you. I want to astound you." -- Tony Andruzzi
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2011-03-04 11:42, Necromancer wrote:
Wow, sure is quiet out there.

'Tis the deafening sound of contemplation.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
The problem is this -- as pointed out in the last quote -- it takes work and thought to turn magic into MAGICK -- and most magicians have neither the time or ability to make this happen as a career. My persona experience has been (and now I have to sell all the stuff off) it was easier as a magician to do standard stuff (guillotine, sawing, etc.) with comedy that left little thoughtful impression other than a good time.

To get an audience to think something beyond a magical puzzle --- is where "Magic is not supposed to be a puzzle. Magic is supposed to be MAGICK. I don’t want to puzzle you. I want to astound you." -- Tony Andruzzi---------takes us.

Tucson, AZ

Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
How about this one?

"Bizarre Magick is the Grand Guignol of conjuring." -- Tony Andruzzi
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Ah yes -- we all have a darker side -- and most folks would rather (in the USA) not express it -- except on viewing the evening news. And most folks do not know what this Grand Guignol is -- even if they have read Rice.

Tucson, AZ

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Your Andruzzi Quote of the Day (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL