The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Has anyone used the Ultimate Dancing Hank? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
I've seen ads for the ultimate dancing hank and it runs around $300 or so I think. I was just wondering if anyone has used it before, and how limited the hank is in the moves it does. Is it easy to control? Is it worth the cost? I am interested in purchasing the ultimate dancing hank, but $300 is a bit much for me if the hank can only move in like two different directions. Does anyone know where there is a video or something where I can see this being performed? Thank you in advance, and hope everyone has a good night.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Try http://dancinghank.com/. There's a demo video of it on the site.
biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
Hey, thanks for the link...unfortunately the video did not work when I tried to view it. I do have another question though, do you know how the effects are different, or the limitations are different between the ultimate dancing hank, the impossible hank, and animation sensation? Is one better for certain situations than the others? I plan on using it/them both on stage and surrounded, if that helps at all. Thanks again for all the help. Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
If you have any questions, just send Sean an email on his site. Each product works a litle differently and for different conditions, but Sean uses them all in his award winning act.
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
I saw Sean perform his routine, as well as explain the basic operation of the product at the PCAM.
I have also seen another performer use them in his act as well.
They are quite amazing, but would require not just practice, but rehearsal as well. For a dedicated performer the effect is beautiful.
I am sure that Alan is correct about contacting Sean. I talked with him at PCAM about his products and he is very approachable. I am sure he could help you determine which pieces would fit the act you are planning.
Based on what I saw, if I were a professional and wanted an effect like this, I would not hesitate to purchase Sean's products.
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of 12345
Hey nice clips man! How do you do those clips?
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I have been using the Ultimate Dancing Hank together with the Animation Sensation for the past two years now. I do it for stage and platform. There are so many moves you can do. I have even created additional ones. It will take about 3 to 4 weeks of rehearsals before you can present it to an audience. That's how I started doing so. I find it is worth the cost because I include it in my shows. I plan to get the Impossible Hank soon. Sean is also so generous and helpful if you need advice or new ideas for it. Aside from that, I had him make additional controls for my Animation Sensation. I always appreciate it if I can discuss with the originator.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2004-12-18 21:54, MrMagic1 wrote:
Not worth the money Smile

What are your reasons for not thinking it is worth the money? Do you own one or a better one? What kind do you own and perform? In what type venue do you perform this? (Full theater? In the flat like a ballroom? Nightclub? Cruise ship? School programs? Birthday parties?)

For many of us being "worth the money" is based upon how effective the item is in the show and how much our shows pay us. Venue drives a lot of that judgement. What are you using to judge "worth the money"? Are there magicians for whom that measure is not applicable?

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Has anyone used the Ultimate Dancing Hank? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL