The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Using software to create magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
I wonder if there ever be a software that helps to create, say a new sleight of hands with coins or a new routine with chop cup.

Francis
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
huruey
View Profile
Loyal user
York, UK
205 Posts

Profile of huruey
This is something which I have considered doing, before. The idea is that you would define a starting state and a finishing state of a deck of cards or a small packet, and from a database of sleights defined in the most abstract manner possible, it will return a list of possible methods to achieve what you want. Of each state, I was thinking you could maybe also specify separate states for both the "inner-reality" and "external-reality".

It would be quite a bit of work, so don't expect seeing it any time soon, but it seems conceptually feasible, and I am definitely interested in giving it a go.

Joe
Joe Williamson
Chair of the University of York Magic Society
Free Memorized Stack Trainer: http://huruey.webs.com
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
I think DeckView does this. I believe it's still free.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Using software to create magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL