The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Just an idea... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomthemagicman
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of tomthemagicman
I was thinking about doing a Magicians Insurance policy routine, built on puns. The routine would go as follows: The spectator would select a card and the magician would attempt to find it in the deck. After failing he does several grand reveals from different locations. For every time he would produce the wrong card from various place (I'm thinking, shoes, sleeves, socks perhaps, pockets, a sealed envelope) there'd be a pun. The humor would come from the puns being 'groaners'. For example pulling out a jumbo card while saying "I guess we're not thinking BIG enough" etc... Having the puns obviously not great would enable such lines as 'Laughing or groaning, it all sounds the same up here' or 'I have a million of them [puns]... well 52' stuff like that. After a few I'd pull out the IP and inform them that the insurance company pays out depending on what the value of card was that I could not produce, and of course it ends with the only card not being covered is the one they did pick. First off, do you think that this would get a good reaction if presented in this manor, or would it just tick people off? Also, does anyone have anymore puns they can think of? I have a few more ideas, like if I produced a card from my shoe I could use something with soul/sole.
tnx
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Personally I think you would get more credit if the puns were more clever/funny.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
I think a lot would depend on your personality. Some people can make anything funny. Others, well....
Wes
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Sounds like it might work. If the audience were right (kids LOVE this!), you could "accidentally" have your pants fall down while turned around, and have a card on the backside.

I used to do a similar kind of things when I was a late teen doing shows in the elementary schools...the kids laughed their butts off.

Of course, in today's politically correct environment...maybe not so much.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Just an idea... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL