We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Subtle Scam by Tommy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2011-03-14 17:32, entermagic wrote:
In my opinion a demo video has only one purpose: To give a chance everyone to realize the secret. For this reason, many people don't create a demo video.
MP

I understand your thinking and in one way I guess I'd have to agree. However it can also do so much more I feel. It can show where hesitation, modulation and emphasisation can actually help the presentation greatly. It can show a magical moment, a eureka second or an Ahaa idea. I feel there's so much to learn from a video other than merely the method. And that means it can also help sales of course!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Bobser - I agree wholeheartedly - but I'd be uncomfortable posting a dem-vid of this effect. I'll film myself rehearsing it tomorrow and see if my fears hold substance. I just have an uncomfortable feeling about it. It's a great effect, but it might not take an Einstein to reverse engineer it with todays video techology and that would be detrimental to sales in this instance.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2589 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Another reason to take a chance on this effect is that Tommy has updated it three or four times since it has been released and he has incorporated a number of variations. Not each variation will suit each performer equally but there is a good chance you will find at least one that you can use. Even if this doesn't become your primary ACAAN method it really is tough to beat in a situation where you're looking for a hands-off impromptu FASDIU handling.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
--Theo Fraser's 5 minute review--
The review where Theo half heartedly comments on something five minutes after reading it, often skipping large chuncks of text because he got either got bored or distracted by shiney objects; and therefore a review that should never ever be taken seriously by any sane human being. Opinions and thoughts are subject to change.

What I like:
- Gimmickless
- Borrowed, Cold Deck
- Back turned away
- No touching the deck

What I dislike:
- Shuffling the cards (YO RUINED MY STACK BOAY!)
- The unnatural dealing
- The possability of a vast amount of boring dealing

I will probably change my opinion on this, but I think this may well be the ACAAN I use whenever I do not have my gimmicks with me. Its not as "natural" or visual as AOCAAN and several of the "moves" will have to be justified using patter; but this is the first hands off ACAAN that is impromptu which I can honestly say I would ever even consider performing. I think with plenty of time misdirection it would be very deceptive.
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Yes indeed and horses for course and all that. In fact, you've posted pretty much what I though after five minutes. AND I hadn't change my mind after an hour. You've really got to read the book, cards in hand and uninterupted for an hour or two to appreciate the true value of this. Picard points out that you can dismiss ONE of the labourious dealings in the Reverse Variant. I do too but by a different method.

Theo, judging by bthe way you look at things, it won't take you long to grasp this and 'do something' about the dealing scenario. It isn't a problemt really. It can be made used to your advantage! Lets face it - if you can spin out your AOCAAN for 6 minutes - you aint gonna be phazed by this mate!

Let us know tomorrow! Smile
InfinityDream
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of InfinityDream
Subtle Scam is the biggest mistake done by Tommy. He gives away something with big worth for few dollars. I read a lot and if you want some decent ACAAN effect you need to spend over 30$. There are many posts about Subtle Scam, but inside the pdf there are many other good effect like Mind Scam or Duplicity (This is the cleanest effect that I have seen ever. It is like a double ACAAN: 2 cards, 2 numbers, the performer doesn't touch ever the deck and the cards will be at named number)
Only this effect worth the entire value of this pdf. Tommy, you are crazy Smile and thank you to share with us your wonderful routines.

-Antonio
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Quote:
On 2011-03-14 20:03, Roger Kelly wrote:
Picard points out that you can dismiss ONE of the labourious dealings in the Reverse Variant.

True that, Roger.
And, as I pointed out in my original post, if you steer the spectator towards a higher number, you can considerably reduce the first instance of dealing with the original handling.

I also find a lot of occasions for interesting byplay with each spectator, and reminding everyone that I'm actually performing TWO tricks at once, and saying that two thought-of cards sometimes create some mental interference that I have to deal with...

Fun, fun stuff.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Exactly Gorecki - never have two performances been the same. Duh! Of course they haven't - but you know what I mean. Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
I liked this a lot. In the right hands with proper working it's as good as anything out there.
Earlier this evening, either in this thread or another someone mentioned The Berglas Effect. There's no such thing. If you know what I'm talking about, great. if you don't, I can't tell you.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Great to see Subtle Scam FINALLY getting the kudos it deserves.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2011-03-16 17:34, bobser wrote:
In the right hands with proper working it's as good as anything out there.

Bobser - it should be the Specs hands - no?
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
This morning, Tommy performed a variation of Subtle Scam for me -- over chat.
It was a LOT of fun. Smile

I don't know if he plans on publishing the material, but if he does, I suggest you keep an eye out for it!
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-03-17 11:46, Gorecki wrote:
It was a LOT of fun. Smile

I don't know if he plans on publishing the material, but if he does, I suggest you keep an eye out for it!

Via Webcam?

MP
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of monello74
Hi all,
Thank you very much for all your post, I am very glad to see that you like a lot my Subtle Smile

Just for clarification, because I received immediatly many mail.
I performed for Gorecki a variant of Subtle Scam showing him how you can perform it also on the chat (No webcam only text chat). The deck was in his hands I just instructed him to name a number and to think a card looking throught the deck.
He counted at his named number and his thought of card is there...

The effect was just a demo, the info about the effect are already inside pdf. Use the mind and I am sure you will find a similar method.

The method is not for sale and it is not a bonus, because everything is already inside the pdf.

Thank you again

Bye
Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Did you know that Tommy had demos of his work?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thommerfield#p/u/7/uu8zq0xi4to

"Impossible ACAAN"

http://vimeo.com/21223006
pass:tommy
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-03-19 10:00, Amirá wrote:

"Impossible ACAAN"

The audio is too low.

MP
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-03-19 17:25, entermagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-19 10:00, Amirá wrote:

"Impossible ACAAN"

The audio is too low.

MP

Use headphones.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
InfinityDream
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of InfinityDream
Quote:

It was a LOT of fun.

He performed this one also for me.
The is really good. I didn't see ever something like that over chat.

Great job again.

-Antonio
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
They say never work with children or animals.

I think I should add aged parents to that list. I performed this to my dear old Mother the other day and after carefully and slowly explaining what was required, I eventually asked, "Okay, now name a card..."

"Forty-seven" was the reply.

I knew it was going to be a long night.
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Quote:
On 2011-03-20 07:00, Roger Kelly wrote:
They say never work with children or animals.

I think I should add aged parents to that list. I performed this to my dear old Mother the other day and after carefully and slowly explaining what was required, I eventually asked, "Okay, now name a card..."

"Forty-seven" was the reply.

I knew it was going to be a long night.

This is hilarious, Roger. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Subtle Scam by Tommy (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL