The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Secret formula (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Anybody know the secret formula for faux bird crap for a comedy routine? thank you.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22175 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Piece of crumbled paper if you are speaking of landing on the floor.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5296 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
If you are going to wipe the poo on your jacket and it needs to be visible then I suggest you get a bottle of good old “yeoman’s blood”. Of course if you weren’t in the navy in the days before computers (days of using typewriters) you probably don’t know that it is what “liquid paper” was called. You know that stuff you painted over a typing mistake. It has a nice consistency, shows well on a dark color,dries fast, and washes off with a damp sponge.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Johnny Thompson does.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
White out? Really, Harry? It's not going to destroy my jacket? Okay, it that's what Thompson uses. Wonder if staples still has it.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22175 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As the story I heard, white out was invented by a lady that need to find a way to correct her mistakes without starting all over when typing on a typing machine. It is said she originally used poster paint. Poster paint is a water soluble material. As with any product, you would have to experiment, as some material that says dry clean only may be affected differently, or have to be cleaned differently.

I looked it up, it is a "Bic" product now, and is sold at Staples stores. It now uses a naptha thinner (finger nail polish) fluid, so it may work with dry cleanable cloths as well.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I wonder if a tempra paint might work as well? And which would be easier on the jacket?

Jim
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
How about a thin mixture of flour and water?
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Flour and water sounds good. I'm going to experiment. I've got to find a little squeeze bottle too.

Jim
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
Quote:
On 2011-02-27 08:47, wmhegbli wrote:
As the story I heard, white out was invented by a lady that need to find a way to correct her mistakes without starting all over when typing on a typing machine. It is said she originally used poster paint. Poster paint is a water soluble material. As with any product, you would have to experiment, as some material that says dry clean only may be affected differently, or have to be cleaned differently.

I looked it up, it is a "Bic" product now, and is sold at Staples stores. It now uses a naptha thinner (finger nail polish) fluid, so it may work with dry cleanable cloths as well.

Invented by Bette Nesmith (mother of Mike Nesmith from The Monkees).
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
Sorry wrong post
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
Michel Fouche
View Profile
New user
Dumb as
69 Posts

Profile of Michel Fouche
I can't believe no one has mentioned watered down tooth paste. Just add in a little cracked pepper and you're good to go.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2011-02-27 08:47, wmhegbli wrote:

That lady was the mother of Michael Nesmith (the creative mind behind The Monkees among other projects) and that invention is the reason hes been able to be an artist all his life.

Edit: Aw someone else beat me to it
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Secret formula (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL