The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Promotional Video Distribution (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I am wondering how the ventriloquist send promotional videos to potential clients;

Is it sent in a file by email, on youtube, or a DVD in the mail or handed over to the client.

When it is sent by DVD, do you custom print your advertising on the face of the DVD, or use a blank disk and write your information on it with a marker?
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Most of my clients have already seen video on my web site. If not, I direct them to it. For a long time I used Youtube, now I use a private hosting company for my main page video. It downloads and plays much faster and isn't blocked by corporate firewalls.

I still get the occasional request for a DVD. I had DVD's silk screened with a 4 color design several years ago and burned them as requested. Just had to re-order and the company now digitally prints them - they came out great and cost less.

Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Tom, unlike you I don’t have any clients; and my web site now is one page telling everyone to go away and come back in September; so having a video on it for now is worthless; this will change when I fully complete my site and I am accepting assignments, or as they say in the show business world,” when I am doing GIG’s”

Correct me if I am wrong, I assume in my stage of my career, I need to deliver something on the spot everyone can look at without an internet connection.

Since you still use custom printed DVD’s, would you say it may be worth the expense to print it.

Anyone have any additional ideas?
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Buzz,
At this stage of your career - you need to get the show first. Video as you go to learn. You will also end up with some clips that you can use to put together a demo. When you are happy with things, add them to Youtube. When people ask if you have video - give them a link to your videos there. If someone wants a promo video, burn one to a DVD, write your name & number on it and give it to them. At this stage of your career, you aren't going for the shows that require the fancy printed DVD with full press kit. When you start doing paid shows and become busy enough your prices go up, the promo will need to follow suit.
For now - concentrate on the show, without it the rest won't matter.
Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Tom,

I planned on your suggestion of posting to youtube; you’re correct I need to get the show first; I do need something to put on a disk, before I can give out disks.

The same goes with a press kit; I need information for the press before I can give out a press kit.

I guess I need to expound on my original intentions;

I own an advertising agency, distributing a disk with my name and phone number written on it will not be in my agency’s best interest, on the other hand I did not want to give a booker a DVD and he, or she hands it back to me saying “ we haven’t used DVD’s since the last century”. I was more interested in what the norm was for advertising as a Ventriloquist and if I would have to to deliver a promotional piece on the spot.

Dan and I have a photo session scheduled next week for my promotional shots.

I have my first three performances booked; a church Sunday school class, a children’s care center and a grand opening of one of my clients children’s store; my first paid performance. It’s a start, If I can be creative with the videos, I can put together a small sampling of my shows and promotional pictures on a disk

I am planning for my future and the most professional method as a Ventriloquist of advertising.

On that subject of professionalism and sounding professional; I have the Shure55 Microphone and stand I am receiving my PA system and MP3Tech within the next two weeks, I’ll post when I get it all.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I have been posting with Mike, FunnyClown and he has talked me into it; I am going to purchase a disk printer, this way I can customize my advertising for each agent and client I send a promo to.

So as my post about not purchasing more equipment, starting today I am not going to purchase any additional equipment.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
After reading the posts and emailing members in this thread.

Here are the results of the Promotional Video Distribution posts

I have ordered this,

http://www.teac.com/disc_publishing/ther......ers/p-55

Starting today I am not going to purchase any additional equipment.

Except the Jeff Jones Magic backdrop
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
Quote:
On 2011-03-01 09:51, Buzz Lawrence wrote:
starting today I am not going to purchase any additional equipment.

LOL
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Blueshawk1

Next week I am buying the Jeff Jones Magic Background, we will see then how I do
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
It's a disease. That's how, in my vent semi-retirement, I bought five more figures.

-Philip
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
A blueshawk1 Update;

With all my planning and research, I decided to purchase a 110 volt, and/or battery operated PA system so I would have the ability to perform anywhere and not be dependent on electricity; the MP3 Tech came last week; the Tech 3 needs 110 Volts to operate.

Today I ordered an inverter with an enclosed rechargeable battery so I can perform independent of any electric and fully use my PA system.

Now that I purchased the inverter; except the Jeff Jones Magic backdrop, I am not going to purchase any additional equipment.
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
Right.

:)

-Philip
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Servante, are you talking to blueshawk1?

Don’t listen to him, he is as sick as I am.
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
I'm lookin' at YOU, Mister.

"...I am not going to purchase any additional equipment."

Right. ;-)
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Servante;

I have purchased the Jeff Jones Magic Backdrop, we will now take a wait and see approach,

I can’t think of anything else I need,

can you?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Promotional Video Distribution (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL