We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Miser's dream idea and questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

papillon
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of papillon
Wanting to ad the miser's dream to my act, in Blackpool I treated myself on a gimmicked coin pail from the auction, that makes it possible to steal coins from the bottom.
As I also like Jeff McBride's (and others) act where the magician hits the bottom like a musical instument.
Later I also purchased a Patrick Page Bell bucket, one of the last.
And to make that one complete also a Mikame coin holder with palming coins.
I heard and read a lot about the Nielsen palming coins (have never seen them in real), but find very few info on the Mikame set, whiche I find really priceworth and very usable. You receive 2 holders, one to hang in your coat/on your belt... and one to put in the coin pail itself. As it has a double sided tape, with replacements, you can put it in any bucket you like.
Now I am playing with the idea (and would b happy with any feedback) of taping a velcro to the innerholder, and also one in the coin pail. A strip of velcro would than cover the entire inner circle for about 1 inch thick. This would allow me to hand out the coin pail before and after the trick, and than by secretly adding the gimmick in the beginning of the act, still be able to produce a reasonable amount of coins, without having to be afraid loosing my grip. Has anyone tried this before?
I ordered the stage manipulation dvd's by Jeff McBride, but also found a 25$ dvd online by Chris Capehart, Miser's dream. Does anyone have this dvd? I like Chris Capehart's style, but his MD routine seems so short, and he's always using same technique (i believe), or is there more to it why I should have this dvd too?
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
The great thing about the Chris Capehart routine is that it doesn't use any gimmicks at all. You can do it with a mug and some quarters if you had too. I added the MD to my show based on his handling. I use a lot of improv in the performance depending on the audience and environment. Since there are no gimmicks to worry about it provides for greater freedom. I did add the production of a jumbo coin at the end of the routine as a climax and am toying with the idea of producing a second even bigger coin.

A great DVD on the MD is Levent's dvd...nothing more complete!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4860 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea Levent's DVD is great!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Miser's dream idea and questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL