The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card on Ceiling...anyone got photos? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Since I just posted the Ammar footage in a previous thread and so many commented that I had "quite a few" cards up on the ceiling, I thought this would be a fun place to have folks who do Card on Ceiling to post photo's of their ceilings at their restaurants.

I'll start...

The main dining room at Crystals is really big so I couldn't fit the ceiling into one shot...so I split the dining room in half:

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p377/......ing1.jpg
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p377/......ing2.jpg

I would guess that after 9 years of performing here, there are well over 1000 cards on the ceiling. Not pictured are the smaller dining rooms that all feed into the main area.

My Monday night gig isn't as impressive as I'm only allowed to do the trick in the 2 smaller dining rooms and not in their main showplace. I may snap a shot on Monday...we'll see.

So share yer pics....

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Guess you missed my famous signed shoe to the ceiling pic at the end of your other post. A great alternative when management doesn't want you to put cards up there. Notice, that's Ammar's signature on toe, for real.

Derrick:)
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
I don't have a picture, other than a mental one, but a small restaurant I used to frequent in the late 80's/early 90's where Whit Hadyn worked had dining rooms with the ceilings above the tables completely covered in signed cards. So much so that you had trouble picking out your card from the older ones.

A stupid question, as the pictures give the answer, but do the suspended ceiling panels ever 'give' a little too much when hit? When I used to do the trick regularly, I would have shied away from anything other than a solid structural ceiling.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
My Ammar signed shoe to ceiling.

Click here to view attached image.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I use to pop them on a drop panel ceiling all the time. One place in Birmingham we estimated about 2500 cards on the ceiling. It was actually a challenge to find open space, and sometimes required a laser pointer so the spectator could spot their newly applied card.

Sadly, I don't have any photos, but thought you might enjoy this story...

http://themagiccompany.com/Anecdote_page.html

(second story on the page)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
One restaurant that I used to perform in had drop ceilings - no problem getting a card up there. However, since the panels were quite old, they really needed to be replaced. One time, I put a card up there and part of the panel surface rained down on a vacant table - looked like snow. I avoided putting cards up over a table, from then on. Some of the panels had deep and wide crevasses, so I had to use much more of that certain substance than one would use on a smooth ceiling.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I work in 4 restaurants each week and most of them have drop panels. I try to avoid card to ceiling in these conditions as one time I tossed the deck in the air and put a hole in the ceiling! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card on Ceiling...anyone got photos? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL