The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Second magic performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

n3o
View Profile
New user
Valenciennes, France
44 Posts

Profile of n3o
Hey there, I had the chance to perform again, on stage, in front of 160.
Second time on stage... less frightening than the first but still...

I created french and english subtitles for you to fully enjoy it.
Big big big thanks to David Paul for pointing out the Mac King's card across routine to me. I had a blast rehearsing it and doing it live on stage. I'm learning step by step, I hope one day I'll be able to perform something I created fully.

Credits : Chainbreaker by Losander, and Card Across routine from Mac King.

Please let me know what you think, I'm here to learn so you know what to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Pym3vmKNo

PS : make sure to check the "CC" icon on the youtube video to get the subtitles.
n3o
View Profile
New user
Valenciennes, France
44 Posts

Profile of n3o
Nobody for feedback? I would love to get some advice...
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
You looked very relaxed actually, and you interacted with the people from the audience very well. The only thing I would say try not to laugh at the jokes (as you did when you were talking about getting Margarite's cards. Maybe just a hint of a smile. I'd also pick up the pacing on the cards a little bit -- maybe a little shorter on the cloak. But that's just me. The audience reaction showed they enjoyed it and you're entertaining them. Which is the main thing, right? You look like you're having fun and you present yourself very well on stage. Keep up the good work.
'
n3o
View Profile
New user
Valenciennes, France
44 Posts

Profile of n3o
Thank you very much rsylvester!
n3o
View Profile
New user
Valenciennes, France
44 Posts

Profile of n3o
Just a question : do you think I "flash" too much in the second trick (around 7:57 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Pym3vmKNo&feature=player_detailpage#t=477s)? Should I remove this video from youtube? What should I say to the ones who say they "understood" the trick?
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
Nope. You can always work on technique, and you'll always be your own worst critic. Remember, the people watching don't know how to do the trick, and they don't even know what's coming -- the element of surprise. So what we will see as fumbling ourselves, others will not notice.

You can always make a YouTube video private. Go into "edit" in "My videos" and click the box. Then only the people you send links to will be able to see it. Otherwise, it's your video. You can remove it, do what you want. I would save the original. Someday, you may want to use excerpts to make a promotional video.

As for people who claim to know how you do the trick? There other threads that talk about this I've seen. I just shrug and say, "nice theory." Then they never know whether they know for sure or not. After a show tonight, I was doing a "biting through the quarter for some teenagers." One of them spent a good five minutes examining the switched out coin and explaining to me how he could see lines in it. Of course, it was just a regular coin. I was kind of amused and just smiled. Eventually he gave up.

Hope this helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Second magic performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL