The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Pavel's Super Walking Knot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
More reliable? Won't stick to microphone stand, by accident, scissors won't cling... lots of reasons.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Hmm...but wouldn't it make all the moves that much smoother? I know that m's are also used in several of his other routines but I can see how sticking to a mic stand would really suck! Smile

Posted: Sep 30, 2004 3:13am
---------------------------------------------
Btw... an interesting idea.

For the UNTIE, after sliding the knot, immediately do the switch of the ends if you know what I mean. But don't untie. After you've switched, then go and unhook the clothes pin. Then come back and untie cleanly.
Logic Defied
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Not only would M's (mice?) adhere to most metal objects like the mike stand, scissors and your belt buckle they will also quite readily stick to themselves making the uncoiling of the rope quite impossible. SF's (San Francisco?) while maybe not being as reliable as M's allow for a much more natural handling of the rope.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2004-09-29 04:23, alym wrote:
Does anyone know why it's only made using SF as opposed to M's?

Quote:
On Sep 30, 2004 11:24am, Payne wrote:

Not only would M's (mice?) adhere to most metal objects like the mike stand, scissors and your belt buckle they will also quite readily stick to themselves making the uncoiling of the rope quite impossible. SF's (San Francisco?) while maybe not being as reliable as M's allow for a much more natural handling of the rope.

Just had to revive that one as I found it funny. Uh...my sides hurt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Pavel's Super Walking Knot (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL