The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Red Button by Laurent Mikelfield (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
Arteco Productions is proud to present exclusively the first creation of Laurent Mikelfield: Red Button.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unly5RJgSd4

More information on our website:
http://www.artecoproductions.com/red-but......eld.html

Comments or questions are welcome !
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
HOLY CRAP!! That looks awesome!!!
magicmalk
View Profile
New user
Northern California
73 Posts

Profile of magicmalk
I double that HOLY CRAP! Nice.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Looks like a variation of the infamous Malini effect.
TrickZonePhilly
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of TrickZonePhilly
Looks great. Francis Menotti does something similar with buttons that I saw in his show a while ago. Both great effects.
francismenotti
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
15 Posts

Profile of francismenotti
Thanks, Seth, for mentioning this to me. Does look nice, and similar but different. I teach "Button Button" in my lecture as an example of taking an old effect and personalizing it or taking it in a different direction. Mine is much more focused on the rest of the effect of vanishing and appearing buttons on the table. The reappearance of the button on my shirt at the end is not a "visual" reappearance but more of a misdirection based appearance that exists just to tie the overall presentation together. The two effects (The Red Button and Button Button) might actually work well together, with some modifications.

Cheers,
-fjm-
Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
Hi Francis,

Do you have a demo video of the effect you perform with the buttons ? That sounds interesting too !

Sincerely,
Arteco.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
The trick looks incredibly good but what struck me more was that knife. I can imagine the conversation with the police man now. "I'm on my way to a magic gig, honest" Smile
Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
Hahaha ! I think the trick does not come with the knife Smile
francismenotti
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
15 Posts

Hi, Arteco-

I did recently shoot some footage of the performance of Button Button and can send it to you, if you like.
Stephane Jardonnet
View Profile
Regular user
since 2004 and already
147 Posts

Profile of Stephane Jardonnet
Do you have it on youtube ? I would be interested to see it too !
Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
Hi Francis,

Were you able to get some footage of Button Button ? Feel free to PM it to us, or post it on this thread.

Sincerely,
Arteco.
francismenotti
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
15 Posts

Hi, Stephane and Arteco-

My apologies for the delay; I haven't been on the Café in a loooong time, so I am just now seeing your requests. I'll PM you a private link for the performance. I don't really share it much outside the lecture because it is a little out of context, but because of the relevance to Red Button, I'm happy to send it along. (It is a short studio shot I did right after a show I had in Delaware. So I may be a little sleepy in performance, but you'll get the idea. Smile

Take care,
-francis-
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
This looks like a really nice, visual piece of magic. Am I missing something? I thought this would have had more posts.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I see that the ad says very esay to perform. Anyone do this? I can't imagine there is no sleight of hand?
Zarazza
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Zarazza
That looks cool.
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
How's the angle of this one? Anyone?
davidleiper
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of davidleiper
I have performed this seated at a dinner table with people in front and at both sides of me and no one caught anything. The flash pretty much covers everything. Its easy to do. The method is clever, and in all, it's a great effect.
There is a bit of prep work to be done before the effect can be performed. However it's a one time deal and then you're good to go.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Beautifully deceptive routining!

You could start out with Warning by Kostya Kimlat,giving a spec the lighter to examine and at the point they finish reacting to that, ask them to hold onto it as you go into this routine and at the point the button is wrapped,take the lighter back and finish the routine.

Best wishes,
Steve
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Very nice.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Red Button by Laurent Mikelfield (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL