The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Vacation, Holiday, Get-Away, Escape: Where Do You Go? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6009 Posts

Profile of motown
Vacation. Holiday. Get-Away. Escape.

No matter what you call it, everyone has their favorite spots.
What are some of yours and why? And last what's one thing you haven't done, but want to?

I'm a big city kinda guy and real culture vulture. Not much for sitting on a beach soaking up the sun.

So, here's some of my favorites, the ones I've been to more than once:

Stockholm, Sweden
This is an annual trip for me. I have several friends there to sponge off of. It's one of the most beautiful
cities I've ever been to with it's lakes and amazing archipelago. It's also a great city for design, something I love.
And there's nothing better than prting with a bunch of drunken Swedes on the weekend. For those of you that
have been there you know what I mean.

Reykjavik, Iceland
For a small city it has a very cool vibe and is a whole lot of fun on the weekends. The terrain around Reykjavik is pretty amazing.
Parts of it look like the moon because of the volcanic activity. It's also home to the best tasting lamb I've ever had
and some great sweaters made from them. Really nice people as well.

Zürich/Switzerland
If you love Art, Design & Architecture like I do, this is a great city to head to, just bring a lot of money because it's expensive.
The best chocolate I've ever eaten, I got here at Sprüngli. Another thing I like about Zürich, you can get to many other amazing places
in Switzerland quickly by train. And of course there's the Swiss watches, tons and tons of them.

The one thing I still want to do is take a Fjord cruise in Norway.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
My wife had traveled to Europe many many times but almost never to other parts of the USA.

I had a project to attend in the South, just north of Jacksonville, FL... and when she did a little research on places like Savannah and Charleston she decided to tag along and for the past seven years that's what we do.

Altho we have also done London, Paris, South of France and the Basque region of Spain the past few years.

For my work as a photog I've done England, France and my favorite, Monaco. But the 33 trips to Indianapolis became a chore, and my every two weeks to Wisonsin and Michigan became commuter airplane Hell. I don' miss my work travel, but do miss the people.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Pete, where at 'Just North of Jacksonville'? Sounds like Amelia Island or Fernadina Beach...I lived just over the Ga/Fl border in St. Mary's, beautiful part of the country.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16230 Posts

Profile of tommy
Egypt
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Libya
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6009 Posts

Profile of motown
Pete,

that's how I first met you, because of the business were both in. Back in '84, I was working for JWT and was in LA shooting a commercial. I was there with another AD you know well, Mike Lubin. He introduced me you and you introduced me to the Magic Castle.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I like Seattle and Vegas the best for city things.
I like Priest Lake the best for getting away from city things.
I'd eventually like to visit Iceland, Scotland, Ireland, and Thailand. Among other places.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6009 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2011-03-02 21:09, Al Angello wrote:
Libya
Al,

what was the driving force that took you to Libya and what was it like?
– Karl Germain
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've been off the coast of Libya...it sucked. My favorite places to go and just hang out are:

1. Yosemite
2. San Francisco
3. Boston
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Oh I was just kidding about that Libya thing.

I feel like I'm on a real vacation when I'm sitting at a side walk Café on the Malicon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico watching a blazing sunset, and snacking on nachos.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
A trip to the Nudie-Bar. Any location. =)

1)New Orleans: This place is amazing, food, music the surroundings and not to mention it's one of my fav places to party, Great bars open late and all the other perks. I always get a hotel one block away from Burbon street at the Dauphine Hotel.
2)Vegas: Drinking, Gambling and Hot Women even if you can look and not touch its a great.
3)Philippines: Im half Filipino and love going here. Very nice people. It's not a place for everyone though.
4)Puerto Rico: Im half Puertorican. Rum, latin women, great people, great food and Architecture.

I would love to go to Japan, Russia, Iceland and Ireland
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6009 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 21:25, Al Angello wrote:
Oh I was just kidding about that Libya thing.

I feel like I'm on a real vacation when I'm sitting at a side walk Café on the Malicon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico watching a blazing sunset, and snacking on nachos.
Al,

I had a feeling you were, but you never know. I've know some people who have go to some very unusual places.
– Karl Germain
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Sierra Nevada mountains: Devil's Postpile, Agnew Meadows, Garnet Lake, Thousand Island Lake, Donahue Pass, Tuolumne Meadows. Usually during a meteorite shower.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Vacation, Holiday, Get-Away, Escape: Where Do You Go? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL