The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Whats your go-to-trick??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
What is everyone's favorite go to effect when you have little or nothing on you for performing on the spot? I personally like 3/4 across of Greg Wilson's dvd On The Spot. I also smoke so I do a lot of sleight of hand magic with cigarettes. Looking forward to hearing everyone's responses.

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
3/4 across is an excellent effect. I can see why you use it! My "security blanket" is a good solid coin flurry that Ive performed for over 15 years. It's an EVENT. Add some flashpaper and I can get free drinks and make the meanest biker bar jump up and down with glee!
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Chinese Matches (Dai Vernon) which I learnt from the great Fooler Dooler DVD set. it can be done with coins, bottle caps or any small items.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Copper/Silver with Morgan dollar and Sudbury penny finish.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Simon Mandal
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Simon Mandal
Flight of the Paper balls / paper balls over the head.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Glass/salt shaker thru table.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Tenkai? Pennies

One coin routine.

Questionable trick

My spelling sucks.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-03-07 20:33, Simon Mandal wrote:
Flight of the Paper balls / paper balls over the head.

I love paper balls over the head lol... Classic and gets em' every time. If you ever get a chance look into Greg Wilson's On The Spot dvd if you have not already. Greg's dvd goes over this, as well as a fantastic sponge napkin napkin routine that is killer for being on the spot. I believe this ties in perfectly if you planned on doing paper balls over the head anyway.

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 7:21pm
Sorry... Fantastic sponge napkin routine..

Always in magic

-Bobby
Simon Mandal
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Simon Mandal
Greg Wilson's On the Spot is great!
Tony Clark has a terrific Paper balls over the head DVD too.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I usually have my WOW! Card sleeve on me......
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
hakz
View Profile
New user
Philippines
7 Posts

Profile of hakz
I usually bring my raven with me, a standard deck and/or a stripper. Sometimes I do gag/shock lighter that's useful in different situations. Smile
allusions
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of allusions
If were at a resturaunt I will make a salt and pepper shaker transpose in the spectators hand under the table. Actually the illusion is that the shakers stay put but the contents switch places. I prove this by making salt and pepper appear in my hands and then vanish again only to show up in the opposite containers. It's just Hybrid of two of my favoirte table magic illusions
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Ring on string, someone always has a ring etc.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Extreme Burn carried in a Jardonnet Fire Wallet. This is my everyday wallet, so I am always prepared. I carry lighter fluid in a mini-Visine container so I can load the wallet if necessary (I usually have the wallet primed if I think I will be asked to perform.)
Sammy J. Teague
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
I like to use objects around me when asked to perform impromptu like: Rubber Band tricks, Ring Magic, Coin vanishes etc. etc. Bartenders always have nice rubber bands in there drawers used to bundle money. Love those!

I also second Stephane Jardonnets Kaps on Fire wallet always a big hit. I know there is many initiations out there that don't cut it, so be sure to buy from him direct: http://www.Jardonnet.com

Sadly, he is being ripped off by so many different manufactures trying to copy but producing an inferior product.
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
P.Synenberg
View Profile
New user
Abingdon, Va
58 Posts

Profile of P.Synenberg
I generally wear a P**l every day, I borrow a pen and do the disappearing pen that Gregory Wilson performs in what I think is On The Spot. After I reveal it's behind my ear, everyone jokes and I say "No really..." and make the pen look like rubber with the age old trick. Than shove it into my fist and viola, it's gone... If I'm going totally propless than I really like 3/4 across, and even just some old classic coin work.
-P.J. Synenberg
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-03-29 21:52, NexusMagicShop wrote:
I like to use objects around me when asked to perform impromptu like: Rubber Band tricks, Ring Magic, Coin vanishes etc. etc. Bartenders always have nice rubber bands in there drawers used to bundle money. Love those!

I also second Stephane Jardonnets Kaps on Fire wallet always a big hit. I know there is many initiations out there that don't cut it, so be sure to buy from him direct: http://www.Jardonnet.com

Sadly, he is being ripped off by so many different manufactures trying to copy but producing an inferior product.

How large is the Jardonnet wallet? Is it only suitable with a jacket, like the Mullica wallet? Or is it more portable to carry with you in your back pocket? I have thought for a long time about picking one of these up. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 20:43, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Quote:

How large is the Jardonnet wallet? Is it only suitable with a jacket, like the Mullica wallet? Or is it more portable to carry with you in your back pocket? I have thought for a long time about picking one of these up. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile

I keep mine in my back pocket unless I am performing the card to wallet effect. It's comfortable in either place for me smaller then a Mullica for sure.
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-04-04 13:23, NexusMagicShop wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 20:43, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Quote:

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile

I keep mine in my back pocket unless I am performing the card to wallet effect. It's comfortable in either place for me smaller then a Mullica for sure.

Thanks for the reply. I might have to pick one of these up. Sounds to me like its a winner Smile

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile
JRediens
View Profile
Regular user
Roma, Italy
147 Posts

Profile of JRediens
I always have a deck of card with me so really don't have a favourite one, but probably the one where you petnde emorize the deck order in few seconds.
I'm working on adding one-coin routine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Whats your go-to-trick??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL