The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rattled by Dan Hauss (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10..14..18..22..26~27~28 [Next]
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 23:42, gaffed wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 22:42, Mike.Hankins wrote:

This can be done on any surface...including the back of your hand if you so desire. I have played with it several times...and have had (in Borat talk) Ga-Reeeaaat Successsss!

Mike

Gaffed,
I am a good friend of Dans and go to his house frequently...I have played with it there! Smile

Also, Dan just performed this effect the other night for both Chris Kenner and David Copperfield...in DAVID's hand. Fooled him...just awesome to see!!

Mike

Thanks Mike, and good to know. I really couldn't foresee any reasoning as to why something, other than a table, would have to be underneath it, but one can never be sure from a mere demo.

However, you mention that you've played with it? I didn't even know it was released yet!
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
A new twist on the rattle box.

Wonder how examinable the cap really is?
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Rattled is really truly 100% examinable.

janet H.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I have to say it does look VERY good. However, no more 'pre-orders' for
me - EVER!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Really does look great and the fact it is an innocent looking object makes me much more comfortable using it as a hobbyist. Look forward to more reviews and hope it doesn't disappoint!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-05-21 06:21, Andi Peters wrote:

I doubt the cap is that examinable - but then again why would anyone want to examine it as the cap shouldn't be the focus and laymen aren't familiar with rattle box concepts in the first place.

You ask a good question Andi so I'm not being a smart *** but I doubt you would want to be handing that cap out unless you sw***h it.

I like the premise on this one a lot - very organic.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-05-21 08:23, PHSIS wrote:
Rattled is really truly 100% examinable.

janet H.

Wow! This will be something really special then.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-05-21 13:09, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:

I doubt the cap is that examinable - but then again why would anyone want to examine it as the cap shouldn't be the focus and laymen aren't familiar with rattle box concepts in the first place.

You ask a good question Andi so I'm not being a smart *** but I doubt you would want to be handing that cap out unless you sw***h it.

Good point. But I bet some people will still want to inspect the inside of the cap to see if that's where the object went or if there's a hole somewhere, especially as they're handling it.
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Quote:
Quote:

The cap is 100% examinable. (Which is mostly due to people not knowing what a rattle box is).
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
I doubt you would want to be handing that cap out unless you sw***h it.

Seeing that the spectator has it in their possession from the start of the trick it would be quite impossible to switch it out anyway! Yes, it’s OK to say “switch”. It always amuses me when people use asterisks to supposedly hide a word when they know full well that everyone will know what the word is anyway! lol

Other than that, I’m sure that you wouldn’t want someone to look and prod about with it to their hearts content, but then again there should be no need to allow them to do so in the first place.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Agreed that you wouldn't want people to examine and prod a prop to their heart's content...just not very good theatre. But in the case of Rattled...just for the record..at the end of the effect, the cap can be looked at and prodded to their hearts content with zero risk of the gimmick being discovered.

j.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-05-21 22:02, PHSIS wrote:
Agreed that you wouldn't want people to examine and prod a prop to their heart's content...just not very good theatre. But in the case of Rattled...just for the record..at the end of the effect, the cap can be looked at and prodded to their hearts content with zero risk of the gimmick being discovered.

j.

As Alice said; "Curiouser and curiouser".
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I believe that the gimmick can come out of the cap so that the cap can be examinable. I don't own this effect, but if the cap is 100% examinable it pretty much means the cap itself is not gimmicked. I have a rattle box, but not sure if it's exactly like a rattle box.

The handling where he takes the coin and puts it into the cap looks sloppy to me, but anyone with more experience with coins can surely make it look more convincing when supposively grabbing a coin and looking like you place it in the cap. The way he does it on the demo looks too obvious to me. That's me however.

Although I believe that the cap can be 100% examined in the end, I don't believe that Rattled (the entire trick) is 100% examinable. I am pretty sure that the spectator cannot examine the cap at any point of the presentation as implied with the statement, "Rattled is really truly 100% examinable." Rattled, being the name of the trick, so what is being said by this statement is that the trick is 100% examinable. This should be corrected to reflect the truth that the trick cannot be examined until the clean-up is accomplished at the end. If a spectator was to examine the cap before the magic happens, they will discover that the coin is not in the cap and they could discover the gimmick.

I believe the cap can be examined after the effect, as well as the coin, but to say that the whole trick is 100% examinable is very, very hard to believe.

Other than that, the effect looks quite good, and looks like it can be used anytime, anywhere. I might pick this up, but once it's sold elsewhere.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi Dan

You are correct...the cap can only be examined at the end of the effect..not during. Don't want to confuse anyone here. The gimmick is self contained in the cap and never has to be ditched.

Hope this helps.

Janet
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Thanks Janet for the clarification.

I love the idea of not needing to ditch the gimmick. This to me is a very strong point of the effect.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
And yet...... even more curiouser and curiouser.

Any idea of it's release date yet? As I, and others have mentioned, I absolutely REFUSE to pre-order anything.
~Yogi Berra~

EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
From the ad;
"Resets in ten seconds (The Rattled re-set technology is a joy to behold)."

I'm curious as to why it takes this amount of time to reset.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 18:02, EZrhythm wrote:
From the ad;
"Resets in ten seconds (The Rattled re-set technology is a joy to behold)."

I'm curious as to why it takes this amount of time to reset.

I imagine because its better than a 11 second reset time. lol

Seriously though, isn't that somewhat splitting hairs? After all, 10 seconds is not really all that long.
As for your question, there is only one way to find out. After all, isn't that asking for a tad too much info? Then again, when further hands on reviews start coming in I'm sure that, as always, too much exposure will be given in supposedly veiled responses that always fail to achieve that objective.

Don't get me wrong as I'm awaiting some hand on reviews, but you have to admit that many times too much exposure, albeit it may not be intentional, is given. Smile
~Yogi Berra~

PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Latest delivery news...Rattled is in the truck on Monday...on the way to Murphy's.

J
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Reset time..if you're on top of your game..you could re-set in five seconds. Just want to be generous with our estimate here for those performers who might move a little slower.

janet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rattled by Dan Hauss (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10..14..18..22..26~27~28 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL