The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shoe Buiness Comedy Drink in shoe (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
$85 plus $15 at puck's site. Tad steep for shipping.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Denny & Lee will be carrying them soon.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
How soon? Does the package come with everything needed to perform? In the demo, the ending shows a shower of confetti. Do we need to be confetti loads? Want to be sure I am ordering everything I need at the same time.
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Shipping is Priority Flat Rate and can be calculated on their site USPS.com if you would like to verify. Unfortunately we are not a magic shop that has the ability to ship all packages at the same rate. They can do that since some packages cost less and some more but at the end of the year it all seems to equal out. Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Small flat rate box is $5.20. Medium is $10.90. In any event, what additional items do we need to buy to perform the effect?
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Hi Eric,

The confetti is one of three options for an ending that I discuss on the training DVD. I use it because I am a confetti junkie, but it is not necessary. The other two options are confetti free. Not every venue you may work would want to deal with the clean up thus the multiple endings.
I like it, cause in a room of 1000 people it really makes it play that much bigger.

Everything you need comes with the kit except for a bottle of beverage of your choosing.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Just put the final touches on the kit and all of the pre-orders are shipping tomorrow as planned. Thank you so much for the overwhelming response. I see quite a few familiar names on my order inbox.
Thanks for your continued support.

-Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

John-Cassidy
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of John-Cassidy
This routine is fantastic! I broke my wrist about six weeks ago and Puck offered to let me test drive the routine because it can be done "one-handed". It killed at every show among a variety of different audiences - family and adult. I can't believe they are selling it because I think its too good and they should keep it as a signature piece BUT since they are I really can't recommend it enough - its great for any skill level - beginner to pro. Its a great product and Puck's a great friend for letting me perform it ahead of its release.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
This is a routine that audiences will love. Scott does a great job explaining as usual. The guys did a great job updating the audio track with automatic laugh cues that are more modern than the old banana track. Some of the laughs are so good that even jaded audience members will laugh. Selfishly, I'm hoping not too many magicians latch onto this so I can have it.

The package comes with almost everything you need (more on that later). It comes with a cell phone, but IMO, that was overkill. Everyone has a cell phone and, therefore, I doubt many will use the supplied phone. I would rather they have provided a few packages of confetti loads instead of the phone. The confetti is used for Scott's preferred finale...a finale that I think pretty much everyone will prefer. So that is one addition to the package that I think most will agree should have been included. You can choose not to use the confetti ending, but I think the routine is much stronger with it. So if you are going to buy this, stock up on confetti loads while you're at it.

I also think some time should have been spent explaining options re: how to use the audio track. That subject is not discussed on the dvd other than in passing when Scott mentions you can load the track onto your iphone. I use an i-que system and others with the show tech will likewise know how to incorporate the track, but for those without these two (or a similar system), you will need to figure out how to play the track while still making it seem like you are talking on the phone. Not difficult, but something I thought I should mention for the sake of completeness.

Finally, and back to my earlier post, the package came in a large priority mail box even though the actual Shoe Business "package" came in a much smaller box. So this easily could/should have fit in a small or medium (at worst) priority mail box and shipped for at least $5-7 cheaper. A minor but legitimate point.

These concerns aside, I still feel the routine itself is a keeper and one that many will love and add immediately. If you are expecting a novel/high tech gimmick, look elsewhere. What you are paying for is the routine and audio track. Having personally paid 10 times more for much less of a routine, I think this one is more than worth the investment for the working performer.
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Eric we're so glad that you are happy with your purchase. We have enjoyed performing this routine ourselves and are so pleased with all the positive response it's gotten so far. As you mentioned Scott loves the confetti finale and uses it almost every show. In his words "Confetti makes everything better"! I myself worked the routine on a ship where I shared the stage with a Tap Dancer and a Cirque Act. I was unable to use the confetti finale since it would be a hazard to the other acts. Also, sometimes I close with an effect similar to snow that would make it repetitious. I found that it didn't hurt the strength of the routine one bit. The "Ta Da" moment is the re appearance of the liquid which usually gets gasps then strong applause. The confetti is almost an encore to the wow moment generated by the surprise finish. The confetti is a great option but not necessary for the success of the routine. Either way you do it have fun and thanks again for your kind words.

Puck
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Talked to Denny today and he has already sold out of the first shipment I sent him! He had great things to say about it in his newsletter. I also talk a bit about it on my blog themagicjuice.blogspot.com
To partially quote Ethel Merman...
"There's no business like Shoe Business"

-Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Cris Johnson's review of "Shoe Business" at Hocus Pocus Magic Shop:

http://crisjohnsontricktalk.blogspot.com/
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
It's too expensive.

Is there a real video?

Anyone have any reviews on this?

Do they think we will buy this sight unseen?

It's so expensive!

Who wants to pay this much when magicians have been putting things into shoes for years?

;)
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Just purchased this! Can Not Wait!!!! A few months ago I was doing a kids bday party and I started the Vanishing Bandanna and all of a sudden I heard a moan. "The guy that came to our school did that." That's when I decided to never do it again. Hopefully this will be a breath of fresh air.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Thanks Lou...Hope you enjoy it. The grown-ups love the phone bits and the kids love the situational comedy.

And Brad....Consider my chain sufficiently yanked:)
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2011-04-09 01:24, Scott Alexander wrote:
Talked to Denny today and he has already sold out of the first shipment I sent him! He had great things to say about it in his newsletter. I also talk a bit about it on my blog themagicjuice.blogspot.com
To partially quote Ethel Merman...
"There's no business like Shoe Business"

-Scott

I was at Denny's on Saturday and was bummed to find out the first shipment was already gone. He raved about it.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Anytime, buddy!

Brad
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Should only be a few more days till we get more in stock.
We underestimated the demand.

-Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Just got really nice post on my Facebook from Cody Fisher. He called Shoe Business a "Home run!"
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Can you elaborate a bit on the language? Is there a pun/twist like Banana/Bandana, or can us non-English speaking people simply translate the script to the language of choice?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shoe Buiness Comedy Drink in shoe (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL