The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shoe Buiness Comedy Drink in shoe (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
There are no puns or word play used in Shoe Business and it only resembles the Banana - Bandana routine in using an audio instructor and the magician in trouble premise. Aside from the CD there is also a full written script that can be used to convert it for the purchasers personal use. We have already filled orders to Taiwan, France, Italy.

Thanks,
Puck
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1465 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
And Canada!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1422 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I love this! It was recommended to me by Cody Fisher, and I am so glad I got this. I perform the Vanishing Bandanna but always thought it was a little hokey for adult/corporate audiences. This is so much of a better routine for more mature audiences. Thank you so much Scott, you never disappoint me!
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1465 Posts

Thanks!!! Great to hear that!

-Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

hpcman
View Profile
New user
NYC
92 Posts

Profile of hpcman
I have just received Shoe business and agree it's a good routine and a very good alternative to the Bandana Banana. I will say That by releasing a new version at such a low price it will become the new bandana banana the trick everyone will be doing.. something to think about.

However, I am personally less than happy with the audio recording and its production value. The persons speaks to close to the microphone in a few places, something that lessons the overall production value. The humor is a mixed bag and for my very conservative audiences will be less than happy with the bathroom humor employed in two of the jokes. The E.M. reference and the S.D. reference will also neither be appreciated nor found as funny funny.

I will use the routine but I am unhappy that now I will have to record my own sound track and find other jokes to fill in for my audience , something that does not have to be done with the original Bandana Banana.

Ben
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1465 Posts

Thanks for your input. Humor is if course subjective. But, now that you have our premise, you can customize it according to your audiences particular taste.
As with everything I put out, it can be used "as is," but I always encourage folks to put their own stamp on everything.
As for the quality of the audio, we purposely made it sound like an actual phone call, instead of a "canned" announcer type track. That's why there is a bit of distortion and pitch variation.
Glad you think the price is low. We really tried to make this affordable for everyones budget.

Best,

Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

johnjack
View Profile
New user
Staten Island New York
38 Posts

Profile of johnjack
Is there slush powder involved?
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
No slush powder is used.
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Since many people are saying they love the trick but don't really need the fake phone, we probably will just leave them out since they were just pennies. This way, the shipping charges will be less. We will change the shipping charges on the website. Win/win for everyone!
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
Got mine this last week. Amazing, ordered it and got in within two days. That alone was impressive. The routine is definite gold. The audio track is brilliantly put together with the proper spacing for audience reaction and performer acting.
I would not change the price on this and lower it to a level of the bandana. The rip off manufactures will do that for you. I feel the real bargain in this piece is that for under $100 I have a very solid 6-7 minutes of entertainment that I can put in almost any part of my act, or perform as a short stand alone. (with very little prep!).
I plan on using the fake phone for a smashed and restored cell phone routine.

thanks guys for sharing this.

Best!

Arthur Atsma
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I received mine yesterday, and am delighted with Scott's work. It was a huge expense for what I got (UK customs charges and shipping added).....but it was cheap for what it could be in my show. Listening to the audio, it is evidently developed from the "Vanishing Bandanna"...much of the audio track is almost identical. BUT...this is a completely different effect, and I may say VERY easy to do, so no real problems on that front. I will be able to include this in my shows within a matter of weeks, possibly even days. It's really strong, very, very funny, and also magical....just as the Vanishing Bandanna is. I can quite see why Scott has tipped his hat to this previous effect, since so much of the routine is almost exactly the same. At least to performers.....audiences will react quite differently. In fact, if you've used "Vanishing Bandanna" for the same audience before, the slightly repetitious nature of "Shoe Business" could be quite funny, as it appears you've purchased another effect from the same company, and are about to unleash it on your unsuspecting spectators.
I'm so glad to see Scott releasing "Shoe Business". He's a great guy in our Magic World, one of the most creative individuals around, and happy to share his wonderful routines with us. If you have any doubts about "Shoe Business", I can assure you that a monkey could perform this (at least my Axtell Monkey could! he he!) My opinion of this routine is that it is WAY underpriced, and as a truly solid piece of comedy which almost anyone can perform, it should command at least 3 times the price Scott is asking.
Here you have a good 7-10 minutes of great comedy and magic. I do have some ideas about the audio track......for instance, the audio could ask you to "empty the cup 'n the shoe".....YOU think it means "empty the cup in the shoe", but in fact, in means "empty the cup AND the shoe"...then you hear: "you're now ready to begin"...etc. So maybe there will be a "Shoe Business 2"?
But for now, I am over the moon with this great performer's showpiece.
Excellent work, Scott!
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On 2011-05-16 08:11, Magic Arty wrote:
feel the real bargain in this piece is that for under $100 I have a very solid 6-7 minutes of entertainment

How long is the audio track? Seven minutes is a LOOONG time. Longer than 95% of Copperfields illusions or Burton's dove act.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I notice TT thinks it's so expensive - yet the cost (to me in the UK, which is about double the original cost) is equvalent to 30 minutes of performing. It's hardly going to break the bank! But the cost will make folks think twice before shelling out for it - great.
The audio is 4 1/2 minutes - there are quite a few gags along the way, though I've yet to try it, I feel quite sure it will play well. You would also need to introduce the effect, so it will end up lasting 6 minutes +. I don't think it makes sense to compare this to an illusion or dove act! This is a comedy piece. Plenty of my routines last 10 minutes or more - as they say, it's not the destination, it's the journey.
I hope this remains an item which only a select few will invest in. The price certainly would keep a lot of hobbyists away. My one concern is that within a few months, every hack magician in the World will be performing "Shoe Business", and like Vanishing Bandanna, that would undermine it's potential considerably.
Potty Smile
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
Love it. Performed it as my closer at the Auora Theater two weeks ago, for their "Funny Fridays" series. Great reactions at both performances. The script, soundtrack and everything was just right. Very funny, great way to end my comedy show. Thanks Puck and Scott.

Arthur Atsma
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Thanks for the comment Arthur I'm glad to hear it's going well in your show. We are very proud of this routine and love to hear feedback from our customers be it positive or negative.

Puck
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1465 Posts

Just saw a great review of Shoe Business.

http://themagicjuice.blogspot.com/2011/0......oys.html
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of rowland
Is anybody in the Uk using this, just curious as to how the jokes go over, as some times American humour does not work over here.
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Hi Rowland,

If you find the phone dialing jokes at the beginning of the audio track do not translate they are easily edited out. You can simply start the recording from the point where you begin the magic portion of the routine. This would be when the phone operator congratulates you for purchasing the Comedy Drink in the Shoe Gag. This will not take off too much time from the routine and will still play very well. To date we have sold Shoe Business to seven different countries including the UK.

Thanks,
Puck
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of rowland
Thanks Puck for your reply, I will def be getting this, it gets a great review on the wizzard product review this week.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Got it today. Very exited to start working on it!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shoe Buiness Comedy Drink in shoe (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL