The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » For fans of the great Eddy Taytelbaum... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
I'm not a card guy and I don't speak Dutch but even with these handicaps, still enjoyed seeing Eddy Taytelbaum in action at 86. Hope you will too (it's a short clip):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWqd59MaAD8

BTW, if you want to get an idea of just how collectible Eddy's micro-magic apparatus is too (pure genius!), just take a look at the auction prices that his work is commanding right now over at the Martinka online auction, with still some days left to run. I have one of his Chink-a-Chink sets and always marvel at the simplicity, creative artistry and practicality of the set (with its beautifully crafted box).

Eddy Taytebaum.......truly one-of-a-kind. I hope Kenna Thompson is still going to come out with this biography of Eddy.

Fortasse
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks. He's truly a one-of-a-kind.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Back when I was working on Ren Clark's biography, Eddy spent a couple of weeks with Ren, and I managed to spend part of my off time from Scarborough Faire at Ren's place, as well. So I got to know Eddy. He's an amazing guy. I had a number of Taytelbaum pieces at one time; however, there were certain obligations I had, such as rent, food, gas -- you know the drill -- so I sold my collection. I managed to hold on to a couple of paddles.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » For fans of the great Eddy Taytelbaum... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL