The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Changeabill, Millionaire, Lightning Switch??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zauberer
View Profile
New user
Clintwood, VA
49 Posts

Profile of Zauberer
Good Morning,

I've been trying to find a bill switch that works for me. I've tried Visi-bill, the Kozlowski, EB 2.0, Hundy 500, Eugene's Last Dollar, etc. I'm looking for a routine that borrows a bill, and doesn't fold any smaller than 8ths. I've looked at Changeabill, Millionaire, and Lightning Switch as possibilities but only know what I've seen in the demos/performances. I don't own Lovick's "Switch" but I'm seriously considering it.

If you guys have any experiences with the above, or have any other ideas/suggestions I would appreciate it.

Z
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
716 Posts

Profile of dduane
At the risk of sounding like I work for Juan Pablo.... Those are all great switches. Why don't they work for you? One that you didn't mention is the Juan Hundred switch. It is designed however to use a pre-folded/creased bill. It is different in that it is a flash change with no apparent folding. You can do it with a borrowed bill, but you need to switch it out first for yours or practice a lot. There's the old: "Thanks!" (and put it in your pocket) Then take out yours, "Just kidding....". PM me if you want some suggestions that work for me.

Dennis
Zauberer
View Profile
New user
Clintwood, VA
49 Posts

Profile of Zauberer
As for Juan Pablo, I like the switch but I didn't want to have a pre-folded/creased bill. I'll PM you for suggestions on the Pablo switch.
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
I am really surprised "Visi-Bill" did not work for you. It only folds to eights. "Skullcracker" is a very good effect only folding a bill in half for the transformation.

I HIGHLY recommend Lovick's book "Switch". If you can't find something in there that works for you, you need to do a different effect!:-)
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
Zauberer
View Profile
New user
Clintwood, VA
49 Posts

Profile of Zauberer
Don't get me wrong, I love Visi-Bill. The part I have a problem with is the clean-up after the change. I can't seem to get it smooth enough.
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
Quote:
On 2011-03-17 18:14, Zauberer wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love Visi-Bill. The part I have a problem with is the clean-up after the change. I can't seem to get it smooth enough.

With time it will get smooth, keep practicing, the clean up is best done while unfolding the changed bill, movement covers movement as it were. This is all possible with practice. It is actually easier with out the "magicians friend"...as with most ALL bill changes they can be done with AND without!!

Regards,

Mark
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
Zauberer
View Profile
New user
Clintwood, VA
49 Posts

Profile of Zauberer
Thanks, Mark. I'll try it without the "magician's friend".
Zauberer
View Profile
New user
Clintwood, VA
49 Posts

Profile of Zauberer
I just started working with Changeabill. It's working quite nicely so far. I was able to pick up the s**p change fairly decent in a few minutes.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Switch has many folds like you are looking for. If you have the first volume of Reel Magic Magazine (Quarterly) he explains his version. There are others that are similar, I use Lovick's.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Zauberer
View Profile
New user
Clintwood, VA
49 Posts

Profile of Zauberer
I've got the first issue of Reel Magic on it's way so I can learn Lovick's. I'm still working on Changeabill, and really like not using a TT.

I still have not tried Millionaire or Lightning Switch, but with Lovick's and Berthalot's, I doubt I will need anything else.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of Conus
Changeabill is overlooked... lends itself to subtle uses.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Changeabill, Millionaire, Lightning Switch??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL