The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Stage names (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
justinbeeks
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of justinbeeks
I am 8 years old and want to start doing magic shows. I need a stage name, any suggestions on choosing one???
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Actually Justin, I think your own name has a magical sound to it. "the magic of Justin Beeks"
Where the magic begins
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
"The Amazing Justin" You're one of a kind!
Life of Magic!
justinbeeks
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of justinbeeks
Thanks to you both. Think I came up with Supreme Magic, like the pizza, I do a little bit of everything.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I'm not a legal authority but in years past, there was a famous magic company named Supreme Magic. You might want to be careful using that name. Just a thought for what it's worth.
Where the magic begins
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Justin -do you have a nickname that you like? A stage name should be a bit personal. Most professionals use their real name or a name that represents the personality they want on stage. One of the most famous magicians - among magicians - Dai Vernon, got his name because someone got his name wrong on an introduction! His real name was David and he was introduced as Dai and it stuck.

pick a name that suits you - know that you can change it too - many magicians do change their stage name over the years. Don't worry to much about it. Practice hard, have fun, and remember that if your audience has fun and enjoys themselves you will be very successful.

Good luck!

Hudson
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Have to agree with Dave here. You’ve got a great name already.

Hudson makes a great point as well. My real name is Don (or Donald) and I’ve used The Amazing Donovan and even WhoDonni (I was a teenager then!) Smile

What do you have that’s personal?
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Avoid "The Amazing...", "The Great..." and names like that. Those are lame even for an 8 year old. I think "Justin" is all you need. If you think you need more, look at your personality, and performing style, which is still in developement, I would imagine. Then find a name that suits that style. For example, I am kind of a dark person. I use "David Devlin" because "Devlin" sounds a bit like "Devil". It works. Smile
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Random ideas:
Magic by Justin, magic by Beeks, JB Magic ... Just Because , Beeker Magic, Magic Justin, ...

do you have a middle name? That might work too.

Hudson

P.S. Hudson isn't my real name ... It's the kind of very old car I drive. Here I've taken something that is personal to me, but really doesn't mean anything to any one else.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Justin,

You are a lucky eight now getting older, taller and better. What about being known as Magic on the Way Up?

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Quote:
On 2011-03-09 23:49, dpe666 wrote:
Avoid "The Amazing...", "The Great..." and names like that. Those are lame even for an 8 year old. I think "Justin" is all you need. If you think you need more, look at your personality, and performing style, which is still in developement, I would imagine. Then find a name that suits that style. For example, I am kind of a dark person. I use "David Devlin" because "Devlin" sounds a bit like "Devil". It works. Smile

I hate to play devil's advocate but I agree.
Wes
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Do you have a personal nicknmame? If it's something original, you could go with that. For instance, my friends call me Satellite, and so I've decided to incorporate that into my stage name!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I wish my name was Justin Beeks! I'd use it in a minute! You're blessed with a good name Justin. My last name is Heinrich and there's no way I'd ever use that in a stage name.....I'm simply Bob.....I also wish I'd have started in magic when I was 8 years old. Wow, what a life you have ahead of you! Best, Bob
P.S. as for the 1dog extension in my Café moniker? Very personal too....my love for the very special "one dog" in my life who's no longer with us.....I'm a one-dog Bob.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Erwin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Erwin
Imagine your name being announced through a public address system. This is what prompted Ted Daniels to adopt his son's name "Paul" as his stage name... "and now please welcome, Teddaniels!" just didn't do it for him.

How about a nice memorable
"Justin Time"
"Justin Casey"

Excruciating, I know.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
"Where's Beeks?"
You know why don't act naive.
teedpop
View Profile
New user
Check out my
91 Posts

Profile of teedpop
Quote:
On 2011-03-10 19:19, Erwin wrote:
Imagine your name being announced through a public address system. This is what prompted Ted Daniels to adopt his son's name "Paul" as his stage name... "and now please welcome, Teddaniels!" just didn't do it for him.

How about a nice memorable
"Justin Time"
"Justin Casey"

Excruciating, I know.

But, I'm Justin Casey!
Haha

-Teed
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
I think Justin Kredible is a fantastic name. However, it’s already in use by an extremely capable and entertaining young man. Maybe Justin Thyme? You could use spices instead of woofle dust!

Justin General
Justin Itforthemoney
Justin Jest
Justin Love
Justin Sight
Justin YourDreams

I should probably go nite nite now…
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
twm
View Profile
Regular user
of wine.
109 Posts

Profile of twm
Quote:
On 2011-03-12 00:31, DWRackley wrote:
I think Justin Kredible is a fantastic name. However, it’s already in use by an extremely capable and entertaining young man. Maybe Justin Thyme? You could use spices instead of woofle dust!

Justin General
Justin Itforthemoney
Justin Jest
Justin Love
Justin Sight
Justin YourDreams

I should probably go nite nite now…

I agree that Justin Kredible is a great name. I think the other suggestions like Justin Thyme would work better as part of your patter, rahter than as a stage name. "This is a herb that has recently been found to have magical properties. It's made from Thyme. I call it Justin Thyme" might work. If you wanted to make people laugh in your act, you could play around with patter like that, and see what works and what doesn't work. So you might try a little pause like this: "It's made from Thyme. <pause> I call it <pause> Justin Thyme". Great practice at delivering a line that could make people smile if you get it right.

"This is the box I carry my magic in. I call it my Justin Case" may work to introduce a prop.

Using a pun like this you are not stuck if it doesn't work, you just don't use it next time.

It's not so easy to drop a stage name if it doesn't work for you.
gamechy41
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of gamechy41
How about "J For Justin" or "Just In Justin Show" Smile
Favorite Tricks
Levitation, Vanishing etc
Criss Angel Levitating Revealed
The Great Heathini
View Profile
New user
Virginia
29 Posts

Profile of The Great Heathini
Hi Justin, I think that "Supreme Magic" is a great stage name!
I came up with my stage name when I was about your age in the mid 70's and just starting out in this wonderful art of magic. By reading the above posts, it seems that there are those that probably don't like my stage name. My real name is Brent. I picked my stage name for reasons that will always remain dear to me.
My advice is to follow your heart and do what is important to you! There will always be those that may give you a hard time, but being true to yourself is golden.
I wish you the best of luck,
Brent.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Stage names (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL