The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LIFT by Nefesch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
By the way - seemingly unrelated - for me Knepper stuff has always been hit and miss... But please, don't try to get me to buy that I have not enough knowledge to understand his stuff...

Having said that, do I think Kenton is an awesome thinker? YES.

And Nefesch? YES.

But then, MY WAY to move thru Mentalism is to ALWAYS appreciate anything that makes my brain-wheels spin, no matter if the thing I read is my cup of tea or not. FOR ME any idea from a colleague acts like a springboard to generate alternatives and / or add-ons.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Well put, dude.
Can't disagree with that.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
This must be my lucky day, then... Nobody disagreeing with me... Oh wait! The day has not ended yet! Smile

Now, in the meantime Nefesch gave me a brief hint on what his "lift" is based on, and I can confirm that as soon as you lift the arm... you know what you need to know...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I DISAGREE!!! Just kidding.
Too long Paolo, so good to see you back.

I would like to review LIFT so I'll PM Nefesch.

I will also email you Paolo, I need to discuss a few great things.
James

Quote:
On 2011-03-10 16:25, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
This must be my lucky day, then... Nobody disagreeing with me... Oh wait! The day has not ended yet! Smile

Now, in the meantime Nefesch gave me a brief hint on what his "lift" is based on, and I can confirm that as soon as you lift the arm... you know what you need to know...
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
For me Nefeschs stuff is always at least inspiring...i did preorder and look forward to the bonus DVD...
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
612 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2011-03-10 18:05, EricDraven wrote:
For me Nefeschs stuff is always at least inspiring...i did preorder and look forward to the bonus DVD...

Your Dvd Bonus was shipped yesterday Smile
I took the liberty to open the plastic cover so I could sign the inner side of the cover of your Dvd Smile I hope that be good for you.

Nefesch
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-03-11 04:52, Nefesch wrote:
Quote:

I took the liberty to open the plastic cover so I could sign the inner side of the cover of your Dvd Smile I hope that be good for you.

Nefesch

And mine Smile ? ?
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Quote:
On 2011-03-11 04:52, Nefesch wrote:
Quote:

Nefesch

Hey Nefesch,

many thanks! I really appreciate this!
:) Smile

Best wishes
Eric
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I don't know the Nefesh method but I have also something simlar.
I lift my leg, (often the right one) about the same lever to a balducci levitation then two solutions, we can hear a special noise or not (depends what I have eat) and I know in the second what the spectator is thinking of.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Wow, this really affected me deeply. It must have been mind control. I ALSO KNOW what those spectators must be thinking!!!
Will this be an eBook or DVD?

James

Quote:
On 2011-03-11 07:14, parmenion wrote:
I lift my leg, (often the right one) about the same lever to a balducci levitation then two solutions, we can hear a special noise or not (depends what I have eat) and I know in the second what the spectator is thinking of.
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
Quote:

The perfect routine for Edh. I wonder if he contacted you to buy it.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
612 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:

LOL

I wish I had think of that before you did!

so for those that asked: All of the Dvds are being sent signed Smile

Nefesch
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-03-11 11:26, Nefesch wrote:
Quote:

LOL

I wish I had think of that before you did!

so for those that asked: All of the Dvds are being sent signed Smile

Nefesch

:).. Waiting my copies
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2011-03-11 10:39, Sariel wrote:
Quote:

Too late. I pre-ordered the effect. I wonder though, can I do this with my left leg?
Magic is a vanishing art.
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Wow the DVD already arrived!! Ultra fast delivery!
Many thanks Nefesch!!
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
365 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Alright, again. I just wrote this whole text and then clicked on 'Submit Post' - without loggin myself in so it was lost again Smile. That's what happens to new members of the Café I guess ;D.

My name is Timon and I've been following the Café for a long while without being registered. If not recently two of my friends had asked me to post reviews of their material on here I probably still would be unregistered.
I am a Mindreader and Hypnotist and I'm a big fan of Purism. I am from Germany and curently I'm writing on a book on very pure Mentalism. I'll take the time later and introduce myself a bit longer Smile.

Here I'll write the review for Nefesch's LIFT though. Enjoy!

Nefesch today asked me on Skype if I'd like to see his new LIFT and review it. Of course I gladly agreed.
It is a technique that literally allows you to perform centre-tear-like effects while having your head turned away ( and your hands in full view ) by just lifting one hand. Nefesch performed the peak for me over Skype and I was stunned by its boldness and by how much sense the movement makes with the script. The participant won't get allerted at all by the movement ( lifting your hand ), especially not if you do it in other performances as well so it seems natural. The method reminds me of a bending-effect I've seen a while ago, maybe Nefesch got some inspiration from there.
Either way, it's easy to do and pretty angleproof ( 270* as Nefesch says ) and as I said the motion makes perfect sense. It is ungimmicked and impromptu, all you need is a stack of business card ( or even paper ) and a pen. No gimmicks or shiners. Everything you need to make this work you already have on you. The method also doesn't require any sleights so you can fully concentrate on the performance itself. The Clean-Up is..clean. There'll be nothing left and everything is examinable. You get the information even before the effect really starts, after he knows what the participant thinks off Nefesch just starts the show and does the revelation ( with style and with sense. Also, part of his revelation-method kinda takes care of the clean-up ).
Another great thing is that this isn't limited to only words or only pictures. The spectator can put anything that fits on the business card anywhere at all. You can find out whatever he wrote no matter on what part of the card he wrote it. It's very clean.

I didn't see the DVD ( Nefesch showed it to me over skype ) but Nefesch is a great teacher and you'll have no problems with learning it at all!
All in all this method is great if you get caught on-the-spot. Grab a few business cards ( yours or from wherever ) and a pen and perform!

This is my first review so it might be a bit chaotic, I hope it still helped you Smile.

Thoughtful Greetings,

Timon.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4314 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Nefesch skyped me to show me the technique. It is a great utility to use for other effects. It's bold and very easy to do. I got some business cards and tested this out right away. Everything happens in a natural action. LIFTing your hand.

It looks clean
It's simple
It's practical

I do however prefer Patrick Kuff's Bold Business. But it's great to know a myriad of techniques to catch people off guard.

I give this an 8/10.

It's not the holy grail but it is something that is worthwhile to any performer.
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Quote:
On 2011-03-11 20:14, edh wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-11 10:39, Sariel wrote:
Quote:

Too late. I pre-ordered the effect. I wonder though, can I do this with my left leg?

I think you could Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
This sounds a lot like Jimmy Fingers Standing between objects.
I am waiting for Nefesch to skype me.
James
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
612 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 05:37, Xiqual wrote:
This sounds a lot like Jimmy Fingers Standing between objects.
I am waiting for Nefesch to skype me.
James

It is inspired on it, is an absolute different handling, procedure, etc and it removes all the restrictions of it.

Nefesch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LIFT by Nefesch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL