The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who would make me a custom C/S set? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Hi folks,

The "usual suspects" seem to be too busy...
who else is around who could make me a custom C/S coin (with coins I supply)?

thanks, Doug
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
Johnny Butterfield
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of Johnny Butterfield
Try Roy Kueppers!

http://www.roykueppers.com
The current economic crisis is due to all the coins I've vanished.
The poster formerly known as Fman111.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Great choice, Kueppers is a a real nice guy and wonderful craftsman. His work is topnotch! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
You could try TWOCAN here on the Café. I see him selling them in the tricks for sale section, and have heard good things about his work.
Sammy J. Teague
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2011-03-11 11:12, Mb217 wrote:
Great choice, Kueppers is a a real nice guy and wonderful craftsman. His work is topnotch! Smile
Totally agree.

I also bought a C/S from TWOCAN and was very happy.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Tango can make one inexpensively if you supply the coins. They turn out great!
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Smile

I've already contacted TWOCAN and Roy -- neither have replied (I expect that they are very busy).

Not sure I want to ship things back and forth to Argentina, though.

thanks, Doug
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
879 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Sorry doug. I thought I gave you an answer on this? at this time I'm backed up and will not be able to do custom orders for a few months. I do recomend the Tango for great work at a reasonable price.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-03-12 12:31, Doug Peters wrote:
Not sure I want to ship things back and forth to Argentina, though.

I have had several dealings with Mr. Tango by PM here on the Café. I found him to be very professional and if you use insurance, it shouldn't be a problem to ship to and from Argentina.

You might also want to contact Mark Mason and see if Bob Swadling could do the custom work. I believe both of them have brought their families and are now living in Central Florida. Many on the Café have related good experiences with Bob for custom work.

Regards,

Alan
robbyrob
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
66 Posts

Profile of robbyrob
Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get a dollar size c/s made by one of these guys? I'd love to acquire one, but am having a hard time finding dollar size copper coins.

Thanks,

Rob
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-03-12 22:40, robbyrob wrote:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get a dollar size c/s made by one of these guys? I'd love to acquire one, but am having a hard time finding dollar size copper coins.

Thanks,

Rob

If you want to supply your own coins, you can buy them on EBAY. Look for British Crowns (they can be pricey) and look for as close to 38.1 mm as you can find (the size of a Morgan dollar - thanks Loren)

If you want more info on sizes of coins check out Loren Wade's website: http://www.themagicianscoin.com/home

Regards,

Alan
robbyrob
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
66 Posts

Profile of robbyrob
Cool, thanks for the tip. I tried eBay some time ago, but didn't find much except a dollar size copper from Pakistan I believe. It ws ok, but I was not really thrilled with the design. I'll try again. Good tip on Loren's site thought - thanks. That will probably be very helpful in my search.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
879 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Quote:
On 2011-03-12 22:40, robbyrob wrote:

Thanks,

Rob
Yes tango will make some copper silver dollar size sets for you. Just contact Mr tango here on the Café and he will give you all the info needed in getting it done for you. Cheers PT..PS I also will be making these dollar size sets in the near future and will post when I do.Smile
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
robbyrob
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
66 Posts

Profile of robbyrob
Thanks for the tip Twocan. I will reach out to Mr Tango. I have dealt with him in the past and had only good experiences.looking forward to seeing what you end up making down the road too Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who would make me a custom C/S set? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL