The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Woody Aragon English Language Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
PHER
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of PHER
I have been fortunate enough to be in charge of the book's translation. I can only say that, just as Mr. Trono, I was constantly fooling myself and being amazed at the quality of the stuff in the book. I really think everyone outside spain deserved the chance to get to know Woody's magic, and this book is the perfect opportunity. I just hope the translation makes it justice. Translating the book has taken almost a year of hard work, and I wish the book gets the success and attention it deserves... well, I don't know what else to say, except for... CONGRATULATIONS WOODY!!
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
I've been impressed by his routines in the Semi Automatic card series notably Si Fry and Psychic Poker both of which appear in the new book

In Si Fry from a deck cut and shuffled by the spectator you divine a small packet of cards. The cards can even be hidden away from view yet you still know the cards. With Psychic Poker from a deck shuffled by the spectator the cards are dealt into four poker hands this can all be done without the magician touching the deck. You then place a dollar bill/note to the hand you think will win and proceed to divine each hand accurately even the position of the cards in one of the hands. Finally its revealed that you did indeed predict the winning hand but even better when the note is opened up on it is written the exact cards that would be in that hand.

Both tricks rely on old principles but used in ways I've not seen before. Hoping the rest of the material in the new book will be just as good
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Nice full-page ad in the new issue of Genii!

No release date in the ad, though!

Is a release date known?
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
I got to meet Woody at IBM after he compeated in theclose up contest. Really nice magic by a really nice guy. I will definately be getting the book when it comes out!

Van
Later Ya'll

Van
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
I also saw Woody perform in the IBM close up contest. His book is now out and you can get it from Penguinmagic.
The spelling trick he did is outstanding.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Ordered
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
I have never ordered from Penguinmagic before. Is this a trusted online dealer?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes,they are a good dealer but I'd guess it will be at a few more dealers soon.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Thanks for the hint. It's still (funny!) not available in Europe; as I couldn't resist I ordered too from Penguin. And yes, there are excellent. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
M Petersen
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of M Petersen
Murphy's is carrying them, so all the dealers should have them within a week.
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
Is there a lot of setups in this book? 4-5 card setups are fine but after that I just have difficulty doing them on the fly (given I think that most of the books I own have mostly tricks with some extensive setup).
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
magicjosh2
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester. UK.
134 Posts

Profile of magicjosh2
Just ordered my copy of this long awaited book,
Best Wishes,
Mark
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
I will be ordering soon too would have done it now if I hadnt already spent so much on magic this month lol

In terms of whether the tricks will need setups based on those I had translated from the spanish text quite a few are based on the gilbreath principle so yes setups are involved. I'm sure there are others tho that can be done impromptu like his version of the 10 card poker deal
Fingers_Fidge
View Profile
Regular user
England
123 Posts

Profile of Fingers_Fidge
Just ordered mine from Alakazam in the UK

Looking forward to reading this.

Thanks guys for the heads up and bringing it to my attention !!!

Cheers
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I just got my book from penguinmagic..man that was fast.

It's not fair I have to leave for work in less than 30 minutes.

It's nicely sized!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Oh..my god....

The trick that Woody "does for you" that starts on page 25 after the introductions....it's simply AMAZING.

Just read through and do it, when I pulled the other half out of my pocket and it matched to the one I had left in my hand, I about had a heart attack. The presentation is sweet and makes sense.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I need to stop posting. The stuff in this book down right awesome.

This is destined to become a classic.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Is his anti-faro (mentioned in the contents) a procedure (like Tamariz) or move (like Engblom)?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=2

thanks in advance,

- Frank
Fingers_Fidge
View Profile
Regular user
England
123 Posts

Profile of Fingers_Fidge
Blindside

Any thoughts on the effect The slot machine. I have recently purchased some nice fruit machine symbol cards and hoping this is an effect I can use them for.

Hopefully I will be getting my copy in teh next few days but thought I may ask.

cheers
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2011-08-23 11:28, Frank L. wrote:
Is his anti-faro (mentioned in the contents) a procedure (like Tamariz) or move (like Engblom)?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=2

thanks in advance,

- Frank

I took a quick look at it, it looks like more of a procedure.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Woody Aragon English Language Book (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL