The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Vernon's Revelations DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
L&L ran a special on the complete set, so I took advantage and ordered it.

In '72-'73 I was privilaged to got to the Castle on Sunday mornings. Brunch was pretty neat for a 15 year old high school student, especialy the peach and 7UP in a champagne glass. Then on to wandering the Castle to watch some of the best.

While I never had the nerve to put on a show, I did do the color changing knives for a couple at the card tables that led the way to the close up parlor. It just happended the Proffesor was sitting there, but I did not know who he was. Upon finishing, I got up and met Terry Ellett who had gotten me in. He ask me what Vernon had said to me, and I said nothing. Terry told me the Proffessor usually had suggestions for improvment and I should go back and ask him. I did, asking if he could suggest ways to improve my handeling.
Vernon took my knives and showed me a couple of paddle moves and was nice but a bit short. To be expected, after all I was just starting and not polished, but it was still nice of him to even bother. which brings me to the DVD's

I would have loved to have just sat an listened to the stories of my elders, and this set gives me that opportunity. For me the learning of the effects is an extra icing, but the history and the stories are the real nuggets. And they are scattered through out the dvd. Performing is nice, but the History is for me. Remembering those who went before. Revelations gives me a chance to address the owl and enter again.

Mulee
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Well said.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Vernon's Revelations DVD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL