The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Joel Bauer Shares His Real Experience... I'll be there! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Real quick…
For those of you who know (I mean REALLY Know) about the real results that Magic Marketing Millionaire Joel Bauer Helps People Get, then You Are Interested In THIS One Time Event!

Just see for yourself…
http://www.Minutes2MillionsLIVE.com
And see if It This A Match For You And Your Success.

I’ll be there… LOVE To See You As Well!

I am at your service and in HIS Service,
Deano (serving and supporting your success) in Reno
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Who do I contact about the shuttle service? I called the hotel and they said they don't have one.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
It's the shuttle service from the Airprport...
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
And is it really happening or is this an April fools joke lol?
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Really happening... pick up your phone... I'm calling now!

Hehehehe...

TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Nice chatting with you buddy... see you there!

Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Yup. And maybe we will have time to session.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Cooolio!

TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Last Chance...

Joel impacted my life and soooo many ways...

THANKS Everyone! - You Guys Rock!

Yehoshua
View Profile
Regular user
Turnersville, NJ
159 Posts

Profile of Yehoshua
It looks amazing! I REALLY wish I could be there! I'll be checking back to see how it goes, I suppose! My 2 PT jobs tie up my time too much to travel unfortunately. I'm studying hard, though...hoping to break out of that mold, and make a living with magic!
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Whoo Hoo... hey brother!

Sorry you can't make this one... gotta take care of your family and responsibilities first! APPLAUSE and CONGRATULATIONS on 'doing the right thing' buddy!

Let e know how I can serve, support and encourage you and your success!

Check out some 100% Free Video Gift Trainings (Nothing to buy… just our GIFT to you) at Both:

= http://www.EntertainersSuperConference.com/blog
= http://www.InfoTainer.com

Take care and be well!
Dean
<><

Yehoshua
View Profile
Regular user
Turnersville, NJ
159 Posts

Profile of Yehoshua
Thanks a lot for the links! Same to you, Benji! Saw the vids on your blogspot. Very helpful indeed ^_^ I'm actually considering leaving one of my jobs to seek a little more free time with which to build up my magic biz. Problem is it supplies my medical benefits. So yeah...But if I can get more gigs, that shouldn't be too big a deal. I know you gotta start small and work your way up, but, you've also gotta have the time to invest in both the networking, phone calls, website, and all, and also time to go to the actual performances xD How do any of you overcome this, out of curiosity?
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Yehoshua I've never had a job other than performing. I started in restaurants, graduated college, made enough in the restaurant business to get my own place, and found the time to work on everything else.

You have to do something small every single day and you will achieve big results. No matter how busy you are, you can make 5 calls a day. But if you only make 5 calls then it will take longer to get to where you want. So you can always take small steps every day but the more steps you take the closer you get to your goals.

If you get a chance to see Joel Bauer then I recommend you do it because you will get very far by implementing what he teaches. Not too many people can sell a business card for a minimum of $100 and it is impressive to see Joel create value in his card. Most magicians can't even get $100 gigs and Joel Bauer can sell his business card for a minimum of $100...that is value at its best.
Yehoshua
View Profile
Regular user
Turnersville, NJ
159 Posts

Profile of Yehoshua
Indeed so! Thanks for the encouraging reply! I could state hours and whatnot that get in the way, but yeah, excuses, legit or not, won't get me anywhere. I've been doing shows here and there for $150 for an hour show (35 mins walk around, gf facepaints as well, then last 25 mins full stand up magic show with the bday kid as the star, so on and so forth. Even have a dove pan I use to produce cupcakes for the bday kid! Smile)

Anywho, I suppose my fear is that I make all these calls, get a gig, and then my job(s) get in the way... I'm thinking of quitting one, but not until I've proven I can make enough to supplement the loss in income for the year, roughly $7k from one job (I know, not much Smile )
Is this possible in your opinion with the kid entertainment alone?
Sorry if I'm asking to many questions...I've got a ton, and noone who understands the business with which to discuss them! Thank goodness for the Café! lol
Thanks for your time in answering the questions, though!
Yehoshua
View Profile
Regular user
Turnersville, NJ
159 Posts

Profile of Yehoshua
Sorry for the pontification. To summarize the point therein: How do you smoothly make the transition from regular job to entertainer? I live with my gf in our own home, so...Though I don't mind taking too big a risk, don't want her living situation to suffer to badly >.> if that makes sense
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
767 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
@ Dean......sorry for hijacking this thread, and I too wish I could be there:
@ Yehoshua...........$ 7K is certainly an attainable goal, actually think bigger. Your focus seems to be kid shows, so I'd suggest the following:

1) read posts on the Café related to marketing, and setting fees.
2) read posts here in some of the kid categories like "The Little Darlings" on performing kid shows. Find out what tricks other performers say work really well.
3) build your routines so they are really funny and also magical.
4) Read "Silly Billy's" or John Breeds books for tips on #3
5) Scan youtube for clips of other children magicians to get ideas
6) buy the props you need to accomplish #3
7) build a web site. Check out Dean Hakey or Jack Turks's bday training package or 90 Magic Marketing package for ideas on the wording to use
8) add pics and client quotes to your site. add video (just have someone record a few of your performances.
9) buy SEO for Dummies to learn how to get your web site to rank high in google searches for magicians in your city
10)show 2 min of close up magic to everyone you meet and then hand them a business card.
11)figure out your own or buy Jacks's Magic Kids Club to get name and contact info of kids at your shows and follow up with their parents.
12)tweek your show so that it can apply to other vertical kids markets like, daycares, schools, libraries, scouts, churches.
13)consider retirement centers. You earn less, but get some income and practice in front of a live (depending on the type of facility) audience.
14)your local SAM or IBM magic clubs may be helpful. Visit a few times to see if they are worth joining.

This is what I've done and in under a year, I'm booked for a show almost every week now and sometimes 2 or 3 on Sat.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I'm not sure how to transition from a normal job to the magic profession because I've never had a normal job. I've always made money in restaurants and then went into the corporate market. And I don't do any kid shows so I can't help there either.

The basics of all marketing is to know who your buyers are and how they buy. With kid shows it seems that your SEO rankings are very important because your buyers buy from a google search. So once you are very aware of how your buyers buy then you just need to get in front of them.

But you should send a message to Scott Burton (here on the Café) and he can definitely help you with those questions.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Great stuff guys... outta town on a 7 day speaking gig and then to hang with Joel after that. NOT ignoring you!

THANKS Guys... You Rock!
Dean

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Joel Bauer Shares His Real Experience... I'll be there! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL