We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Please pray for me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I am in a real down time right now. Way to many things going on in my life. I have lost the desire to perform or even practice my act. I get up in the morning but it still seems like it is dark outside. I hope that made sense. I am not a member of the FCM. Not even one in my area. I just want to get my fire for performing back. I have performed for about 40 years now. I just seem to be looking at life differently then I have in the past. Please forgive my whining here as it is late and well I just needed some one to talk with. I had major spine surgery in December and at the same time my mother went on home hosp[ice care now and it is so hard to see her like this. I live with my mom and dad at first for the money but now it has turned into taking care of my parents. I need to get back to church but can't even find the energy or desire to even go. So I just ask that someone pray for me that God will really make His presence known to me. Thank you for taking the time to read this rambling note.

Thank you

Steven True
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Steven,

May the Grace and Peace of God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit rain down upon you and remain with you forever.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Mike

Thank you so much and please keep me in your prayers. It is a real tough time right now and I know these times are when satan is happy as he can divide us. Again thank you so much.

In Christ

Steven True
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
I will keep you in my prayers...sorry for not seeing this sooner. Have you found a church?
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Steven so to not make this a comparing session I too have faced some horrific things over the past few years and with out going into detail of the bad stuff let me tell you about the good stuff.

I too had stopped going to church for almost 2 years but that was due to me becoming profoundly Deaf, I cant hear so why go.
this led to me becoming board with god and then faced so many other problems. the good stuff is that thru it all God never left me!

he is standing there with open arms ready for you to turn around and let him carry you thru the fire. the enemy desires to steal our first love. but it is during this time that the lord is showing you how much he loves you and desires to get to know you more.

I know that there are no magic words that will make things all better however I can say this.

seek him and you WILL find him,
Rich mullins once said
"there is nothing you can do to make god love you more...and there is nothing you can do, to make God love you less"

in one of my recent sermons I spoke on John 10:10
I have come that you may have LIFE and have it to the full
Prov 4:23 above all eslse guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life
John 5:40
come to me to have life

I have faced such tradgedies over the years and it was this verse that really brought me to tears and realizing that god trully loves me and has a plan for me

Isaiah 61:1
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives

note that he says heal the broken hearted and set the captives free

think about this as this was a defining moment in Jesus's ministry. this is the first time he spoke at the temple at the begining of his ministry. he quotes this 300 year old prophecy that he has come to HEAL THE BROKENHEARTED.

you may feel lousy now your heart is broken you feel like a prisoner to all that you have to do.

you as a child of God have the authority to call upon God to give you strength and victory over this situation you face.

I will pray for you today. I will pray that you claim that victory and draw close to god and as you do He will draw close to you,

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of guyactor
HI Steven:

We are here for and with you. After all, each of us is a part of HIs body. So, we affect each other. I am a musician/worship leader in my church and had to 'step down' for a period of time due to the very similar feelings. Turned out it was for about 2 years.

One book I read was "If God Disappears" by David Sanford.

A fact - Our feelings about our 'closeness' with the Lord comes and goes. But - HE doesn't........ Keep talking to Him. Even if it's just how you feel. David did. So did I. We all do....

Keep us apprised of how you are doing. Know that your parents need you, currently.....You may be representing the Love of God to them.

Barry
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
What a blessing it is for you to help take care of your parents.

From the time I met my wonderful wife, she told me there would be a time that her folks would move in with us. About 3 years ago it happened. Some say faith without works is for naught. In addition work with out faith is not quite the whole picture. Check in your community for resources for care givers. You might find they have a chaplin on staff. Depression is a word frowned on by some. Though I believe in divine healing I also believe in doctors, medicine, support groups and walks to the mailbox. ..then down the street....and I pray a church home in your future.

You reached out here...that is a start ..start with small reaching out in your community.

and as you rise up and soar like an eagle ....find someone that you can help/minister to.

Harris
laughologist and fisher of men
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I really want to thank all of you that posted and sent me private messages. Your prayers have helped me through the most difficult time in my life up to now. I was taking care of my parents and on Sunday May 8th, Mothers Day, my beautiful little mother left us with dignity,grace and peacefulness. She passed from this life to start a new life in Heaven with our Lord. She spoke to me often about the prayers she said for many of us. I never saw my mother attend church but she did say that she accepted Christ as her Savior. That meant a lot to me as I knew she was going to be well taken care of after she left this hard world. I have never been present at an actual death. This one went so well. It was a very emotional time but I know she was ready to go. I prayed that God would heal her but also had to add in my prayers that it was Gods will to be done not mine. I know I will see her again one day but for right now she has lots of friends and family members to walk those streets of gold with her. I will forever love and miss her.
Love you momma. Thank you all again for your prayers and very kind and encouraging words.

In Christ

Steven True
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 16:35, Steven True wrote:
I really want to thank all of you that posted and sent me private messages. Your prayers have helped me through the most difficult time in my life up to now. I was taking care of my parents and on Sunday May 8th, Mothers Day, my beautiful little mother left us with dignity,grace and peacefulness. She passed from this life to start a new life in Heaven with our Lord. She spoke to me often about the prayers she said for many of us. I never saw my mother attend church but she did say that she accepted Christ as her Savior. That meant a lot to me as I knew she was going to be well taken care of after she left this hard world. I have never been present at an actual death. This one went so well. It was a very emotional time but I know she was ready to go. I prayed that God would heal her but also had to add in my prayers that it was Gods will to be done not mine. I know I will see her again one day but for right now she has lots of friends and family members to walk those streets of gold with her. I will forever love and miss her.
Love you momma. Thank you all again for your prayers and very kind and encouraging words.

In Christ

Steven True

Steven,

Very sorry to hear of your mother's passing...but how wonderful that the Lord chose Mother's day to bring her home.

It was a wonderful gift that you gave her to be with her as she began her journey home. It is a time that--while sad--will bring you great joy as the years go on.

I have been present now at two deaths, my birth-father, and a gentleman that I was taking care of. Both were peaceful. I have also had the blessing of feeding a few people at the time of death with the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. What a joyous thing to receive such precious food for our journey home!

I pray for the repose of your mother's soul. May she enjoy the company of our Lord Jesus, His Blessed Mother and all the angels and Saints!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Steven

Any updates? Hope the peace of Yeshua has made your life here better brother.
Rainbows after the storm I hope.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Bro: I have 40 years of depression and anxiety behind me. 17 years of therapy. First, don't give up. Every. Second, get help if you really need it. Don't dither about. I found good Christian folk to help get me through until I found what I needed professionally, etc. It finally came out that part of the problem was a physical problem with seratonin deficit.

Don't let depression just go. Talk to folks you love and trust. Here's another tip from a Pro at this: Walk. Just get out and walk and walk and walk. Pray, meditate, listen to the radio, whatever, but get MOVING. Notice how you don't want to 'move'? I used to walk about 2-4 hours a day. Couple of hours before my 8 hour work day and many times a couple after. Walk different places. Get your body moving and it can save your life.

Best,
Brad Burt
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Quote:
On 2011-08-10 00:02, Brad Burt wrote:
........... get help if you really need it. Just get out and walk and walk and walk. Pray... get MOVING. Get your body moving and it can save your life.

Brad, I totally second these statements. My period this was much shorter than yours, but no less 'real'. My counselor never quit saying how important it was to walk - Even if it was just starting to get the mail, then down to the corner, etc. Took me a while to get with it, but it almost 'literally' does save you - along with Jesus, for sure : )

Steven, haven't heard from you for a while. Let us know.

Barry
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
LOL...Yes, I was not talking spiritually. I had one panic attack that lasted 7 years at peak. Some kind of record. Went unmedicated for various reasons, so I just had to guts it out. If not for my faith in God and His Son Jesus....well.... Kept me going. Depression is worse as it 'wants' you to do nothing.

My wife Dr. Barbara Burt is a Christian therapist who received her Doctorate at Southern Calif. Seminary. Deals with these issues daily. There is actually good evidence that one of the reasons walking is so helpful is because of what is called Bi-Lateral Stimulation or the brain. The bi-lateral movement of the arms and legs causes the brain to in effect be able to process things in a more positive manner. If you are for instance in counseling take what you learn and meditate on it WHILE YOU WALK. See if that is not more helpful.

Best,
Brad Burt
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of guyactor
I can believe that. Very interesting..... I work as a special education teacher and know a 'little' about the effects of be-laterial functions.

Guess all we can do at this point is to continue to pray for Steven.

Thanks again.
atkinsod
View Profile
Regular user
VA
174 Posts

Profile of atkinsod
Norm Wakefield has a good analogy for some of these times; if you ever lived or visited the beach as a kid you might relate. Imagine you are a kid and your parents are on the beach under their umbrella. You go down to the water and begin to wade in the waves, running away from them, looking at shells, and so forth. After a time, you look up on the shore, and your parents are gone! You panic for a moment, and then realize that you drifted down-beach just a little, and your parents are right there, just a few yards further up the beach.

They didn't drift, you did. God doesn't drift, we do. If I'm remembering right, the analogy was from a series entitled Anchored in Christ, which I can highly recommend. The main focus is to "draw near to God, and Hold Fast!"
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
A few years ago, I heard Joe Stowell, when he was President of Moody Bible School, say that the problem with life,

is that it is just so.... daily...

I can only offer this advice, don't turn from God. Get closer to Him through worship, prayer, and communion with other Christians...

Life can really be a bummer sometimes, but it sure beats the alternative.

I can say this as someone who was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. I was given 6-9 months to live, and that was three and a half years ago. I still get Chemo twice a month. But, living with uncertainty is the hardest thing. Not that I don't look forward to being with my Lord and Savior, but I have grandchildren, and I just lost my son, my only child, and I need to be here for his children, for as long as I can.

I pray now more than ever. Not asking for anything, but mostly thanking God for every moment of every day.

Live your life as if it were your last day, as some day it will be, and the practice sure can't hurt.

But most of all, Trust in The Lord your God. Talk to Him, cry to Him, and give Him thanks for all things. And pray without ceasing.

I do offer condolences for the loss of your mother. We have no context for being without our parents, as we have never one. They have always been here for us. But now she is home.

And I won't say that I don't become sad, and even completely overcome with grief at times. But when I pray, it goes away faster.

David
aka Brother David
The Doctor Knows.....
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
One thing I noticed about Jesus reading from Isaiah (as Sam mentioned above - see Luke 4) is the audience. He wasn't speaking to the ambivalent masses or the drunkards and prostitutes. Yes, those words are for them too.

But His first proclimation was to a group of people in "church". Captive, blind, broken-hearted - yet come to seek God the best they could with the heart they had. And Jesus comes with a promise from the Father for their wholeness.

Ed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Please pray for me (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL