The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where to find this instant suitcase to table? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
I have been searching high and low for a fold up table. I really did not care for most of what I saw. That is until I went back to this Rudy Coby performance. The table can be seen within the first 20 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efQkFHfao94

Can anyone point me in the right direction of this fantastic table?

Thank you,
Dylan
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7380 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Dylan -

Do a google search for a "Harbin Table." There are several variations.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's not a Harbin table. It's also not a Suitcase to table. It's a separate piece from the suitcase. The table was made by a company called (I think) B and A Magic or B and C Magic. They also had a really deceptive block penetration. They have been out of production for a long time. Check with Joe Stevens. I think he sold these at one time.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7380 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Yes, the briefcase is seperate from the table. No one said otherwise.

However, if you google "Harbin Table", like I suggested, you will find that Michael Budd makes a folding table that is very similar to the one that Rudy used.

Daytona Magic also sells a folding table that is similar.

(Note - There are videos at both of the links I gave. It looks like the one from Daytona can be dropped open, whereas Michael Budd didn't do that with his. Just an observation.)

And yes, I think that the folding table is different from a Harbin Table. However, both often show up in the same search.

I've built my own Harbin Table years ago, so I'm aware of what they look like.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22050 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As it seems these places call their table a Harbin Table, it is not a Harbin table in design. I guess you could call your item anything you want, but the references given are not Harbin in design. Just because it folds, does not make it a Harbin designed table. Actually, the referenced designs are more stable then a Harbin table. Harbin's Table was actually designed a production item to be pulled out of production prop.

So we have a false claim of a named product. That makes things very confusing for those that know what a Harbin's table really looks like.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where to find this instant suitcase to table? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL