The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silent Running 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
I just came across the banner for Silent Running 3, indicating it would be released in April. I checked Ben's website, but didn't see anything listed yet. Any more info on this Ben? Also, I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something here, but first was Silenting Running, then Run Silent, Run Deep, plus there was the Lybrary.com Silent Running contributions, now SR3, correct?
Cliff Gregory Wollin
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hi Greg,

I am sure Ben can say a lot more, but I know a bit about the project.
It is the third installment of the series (Silent Running, the Run Silent Run Deep, and now Silent Running 3).
It includes two prominent sections - Novel approaches and Zenlike approaches.
The Novel section includes novel ideas for tricks based around the SR concept, with several contributors (I have contributed several tricks!) Smile
The Zenlike section includes a essay on a powerful zen approach, 60 pages long!

I'm sure Ben will chime in now.
I hope its ok that I posted this!

Best wishes,

Kyle
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Silent Running ROCKS!

I can't wait for SR3!
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi guys.

I have not updated the website as yet because the final list of contributions is not complete. So, the banner is just a teaser at present. But, YES, this third and final volume of the trilogy will be released as both an ebook and printed volume in April. I'll have the full contents listed at the website in early April. It's a large volume and contains some of the most novel and thought-provoking material with the concept to date. A real solid attempt to "get away" from cards and to explore other themes has been made.

So keep an eye out. I'll certainly let everyone know when the details are available. I appreciate your interest!

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
I've pulled the SR3 banner for a couple of weeks and donated the COMIC RELIEF banner. This is a great cause and I'd hope that many of you can support it with a little donation. Click the banner and see what goodies await you in return for your kindness.

Benny
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Ben

Are the 2nd and 3rd volumes stand alone, or do you need to have the orginal SR to understand the concepts?

Thanks
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Ragingcalm.

You need to have a thorough understanding of SR or it will not make any sense at all. So, I'd say you at least need the original SR. Thank YOU for asking.

Benny
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
Thanks for the info, Ben and Kyle. Having purchased Silent Running and Run Silent, Run Deep, and performing several variations on a regular basis, I'm very much looking forward to SR3, especially since it sounds like it will be breaking new ground, outside of cards. I always thought that applying the SR procedure to things other then cards would be ripe with possibilities. Again, I'm really looking forward to its release Smile
Cliff Gregory Wollin
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your wonderful vibe!

I'm just playing with a couple of VERY clever Greg Arce pieces for the book. Smiling ear-to-ear. Brilliant stuff.

Benny
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2011-03-21 18:25, Gregory57 wrote:
Thanks for the info, Ben and Kyle. Having purchased Silent Running and Run Silent, Run Deep, and performing several variations on a regular basis, I'm very much looking forward to SR3, especially since it sounds like it will be breaking new ground, outside of cards. I always thought that applying the SR procedure to things other then cards would be ripe with possibilities. Again, I'm really looking forward to its release Smile

No worries!
I also have all the SR books, looking forward to this one of course!

Kyle
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Any news Ben?
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
It's on it's way. With my editor now. A full list of contents and further info will be posted soon. Thanks for the excitement.

Cheers

Benny
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Quote:
On 2011-04-02 18:38, Ben Harris wrote:
It's on it's way. With my editor now. A full list of contents and further info will be posted soon. Thanks for the excitement.

Cheers

Benny

Great news Ben!

SR is an AMAZING tool.

I can't wait for SR3.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Count me as another one who can't wait---Ben's stuff always jumps to the top of my wish list
krmagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of krmagic
I have the two SR books and I can't wait for the next one!! I'll surely get this! Any info on what will be the cost of the ebook?
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi guys, Not sure of the pricing yet. Until I have the final page count I can't estimate the printing and binding. It will be the lowest priced installment in the series. More details in a week or so. Promise!

Benny
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I am equally excited, especially being a contributor!
SR is a great and exciting tool Smile
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Quote:
On 2011-04-03 07:14, Ben Harris wrote:
Hi guys, Not sure of the pricing yet. Until I have the final page count I can't estimate the printing and binding. It will be the lowest priced installment in the series. More details in a week or so. Promise!

Benny

Hey Benny,

If you're starting a count -- you can count me in Smile

Thanks,

David
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
************INFO***************************

This just came in from the Harris Meister!

SILENT RUNNING VOLUME THREE (SR3)

Compiled and written by Ben Harris

Silent Running 3 picks up where the second volume, "Run Silent, Run Deep", left off: That is, it is brimming full of novel APPLICATIONS of both the CrossRoads and Silent Running principles.

You DO NEED to be familiar with these procedures (as taught fully in the first two volumes of the trilogy). The underlying principles of CrossRoads and Silent Running ARE NOT taught in this final volume.

Part One of this finale jumps in at the deep end with some stunning and clever contributions. Novel ideas including making an “X” appear on the back of any “thought-of card”* or applying the SR principle to GOSPEL magic or Ten Pin Bowling. OR: How about making a the name of a “thought-of”* card appear in the steam from a spectator’s breath, or mind-reading a word written on the back of a card! This first section of the book also addresses new ways of both selecting a number and a suit during the Silent Running procedure. Lots of food for thought - great ideas and tweaks that you will apply.

Part Two is a full and in-depth essay on the CrossRoads/Silent Running principles from a thoughtful and deep-thinking friend, Mark Trudinger. Mark approaches SR from a disciplined “Marshall arts” background and explores previously unseen nuances. His quest is to give full control to the spectator, and that includes exactly what will happen with the” thought-of card”*. Prepare for a roller coaster ride and to learn several wonderful handlings/effects along the way.

Part Three presents a new force application (IONIC) based on Ray Hyman’s original finger force from 1953. This quirky little adjustment has made the approach fit CrossRoads/Silent Running like a glove. Some hard-hitting applications are taught including “SILENT WITNESS” which is a solution to the “Golden Moment” as originally proposed in the CrossRoads book.

In "SILENT WITNESS" a card is placed face down upon the table. A spectator now creates a card in his mind*. No one else knows what it is. Amazingly, this "thought-of* card MATCHES the card placed on the table at the beginning of the effect. No card switches. It’s a clever and VERY FAIR solution that we're sure will become one of your most requested pieces. Ideal for close-up, stage or anywhere. Special template to print out the “secret something” is supplied.

"RAZOR" is another standout in this suite of stunning effects. Imagine a spectator "thinking-of"* a card and then having HIM cut to his THOUGH-OF* CARD WITHOUT YOU ever touching the deck! You don't even need to know what card he thought-of* - it's AUTOMATIC! This WILL go into your "A" List!

Contributors include: Greg Arce, Steve Shufton, Paul Smith, Andrew Brown, Kyle MacNeill, Michael Daniels, Josh Zandman and Ben Harris.

90+ pages, photo illustrated pdf.
US$27.50 (or $20.00 prior to May 1, 2011)

PRE-ORDER at http://www.wowbound.com

(* all references to a “thought-of” card are to a “card generated by having the spectator create a card in his head” via the SR process).

**************Let the mass excitement; COMMENCE!**********
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
So excited! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silent Running 3 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL